Chapter 18

As the door opened, I saw not Owen, but some other guy. He looked about my age, maybe a little older. He was tall, black hair, and a muscular build.

When he saw me, he looked shocked. Like he wanted to turn around and forget I was in here.

He came up to the bed and went to put his hand onto my forehead.

I flinched.

He drew his hand back, and looked down at me with a look I knew all too well- sympathy.

He gently pushed my hair away from my face, and brushed his thumb across a cut on my cheekbone.

"I'm sorry. But I'm only trying to help okay? Just let me help, please." He said, and his voice was surprisingly calming. It sounded familiar, but I definitely didn't know him from anywhere, trust me I would remember.

As I was thinking about his voice, he held his hand to my forehead, suddenly serious.

I found my voice. "W-what are you doing?"

He stopped his concentration on my forehead and looked at me again. This time, it was curiosity that filled his face.

"I'm making sure you don't have a fever." That voice.

I just nodded my head and closed my eyes, they were burning. I probably did have a fever.

He was leaving when I spoke up again.

"Hey?"

He stopped. Looked at me again.

"What's your name?" So curious.

He smiled a little. It was lopsided. I was dying.

No pun intended.

"Xander." He answered as he walked out and shut the door behind him, me hearing the door lock again.

Xander... okay.

I needed sleep.

So... I had to. It couldn't be just her and Owen! Or maybe I like romance okay? Or both. Yea... both lol. The picture above is how I'm picturing Xander😍 Probably the last update for today. Thank you!! Vote please♡