Chapter 34

*The next morning*
8:00 am

"Audrey." Was all he said, coming to my side to wake me up.

I hadn't slept an hour all night, so my eyes opened immediately.

"Is he gone?" Hoping it was time to leave.

He stepped backwards, away from me. "No, not yet. I wondered if you wanted to see him leave. You won't be seeing him again."

The mere thought of never seeing Owen's face again filled me with extreme comfort.

"Sure, he's leaving right now?" 

He nodded. "Yep, you should hurry before he pulls off."

"Right, of course." I said, pushing the blankets back and standing up.

I had forgotten how little I'd worn to bed last night. Xander noticed, I felt his eyes burning into my skin. I looked up from my feet, and made eye contact with him. "We should get downstairs."

I saw him visibly swallow. "Definitely. After you."

The walk downstairs to the kitchen window was tense, and I could feel it between us. But I wouldn't act on it, he hurt me. And so I ignored the energy and made my way to the kitchen, finding the window angled towards the back driveway where Owen is.

I saw him tossing a duffel bag into the backseat, and slamming the door closed. He was completely at ease, swinging his keys and whistling whatever tune that came to mind.

I hated him for it.

As he climbed into the car and pulled away, I felt lighter; like weights had been lifted off of my chest. I could finally breathe.

I turned around and looked at Xander. "So do we leave now?"

"We should wait a few minutes to make sure he didn't forget anything." The way he was looking at me, it felt like he was peering into my very being. His pupils were huge.

Oh.

"Audrey, I-" I covered his mouth with mine, letting my emotions control me. I don't care if he hurt me, I wasn't going to see him ever again. And deep down, that hurt.

His body responded slowly to me, kissing me tentatively, as if I was fragile. Cupping my face in his hands, he stopped. His breathing matched mine, ragged. "Are you okay? I thought-"

I put a finger to his lips, shushing him. "It doesn't matter. Take me upstairs. We have a few minutes to make sure right?"

I saw his pupils grow in size, as he took hold of the finger over his mouth and put it at my side. Confused, I started to ask what he was doing when he picked me up; my legs around his waist.

*Ive been informed that some of you don't like  sexual scenes, so I'll skip the details. You're welcome.*

Laying next to Xander still naked, I looked at the wall clock and realized it was 9:00.

That snapped me back to reality. "We need to go." I said, sitting up and beginning to get dressed.

"Get whatever your bringing and meet me at the front door." Slipping on his boxers, he walked over to his already packed book bag and got dressed too. He looked at me once, then left for the door.

I pulled on jeans and a white t-shirt, slipping on the shoes I came here in. Then I went across the hall to Owen's room.

The door was unlocked, so I just walked in and went straight to the desk in the center of the room.

"It has to be in here somewhere... here." Finally finding my phone that I hadn't seen in forever. I powered it on, it still having 30 percent charge. Then I ran downstairs to meet Xander.

"Ready?" He looked down at me.

"Definitely." Putting my phone into my back pocket.

"You found your phone? Is there signal?" He asked, reaching for the door handle.

"Not here, there'll be some when we get closer to some towers."

But then my phone went off once.

Ding.

Then again, and then so many times the notification sounds were overlapping.

"Never mind." And I unlocked my phone as we started walking.

"I'm calling my mom." I said, pressing call as I did so.

It didn't even ring once before she picked up.

"Hello? Audrey?" Her voice was extremely shaky.

My eyes started to water as I replied, "Mom, it's me."

The line was silent for a few seconds, then: "Where are you? I'll come get you. Are you okay?"

I look over at Xander. "What's the end of this road called? My mom is gonna come get us."

He didn't look over at me. "Brook Road. And she isn't getting me, she's getting you. I have things to do."

"It's Brook Road, Mom. Be here soon, I'll be waiting. Please hurry."

"Okay." And the call ended.

"Why don't you just come with me? My mom will take care of you until you have a place to stay. We have a guest room."

His eyes rolled. "A guest room? Audrey, I'm planning to kill my brother. Tonight. There's no other way to secure both mine and your safety, as well as your family's."

"Kill him?"

"Yes."

"Okay. Be careful." I said, reaching the end of the road.

Silence.

"There's my mom." Just seeing her car makes me want to cry.

I slipped a piece of paper with my number on it into his pants pocket.

"I'm here if you need me." And before he could reply with anything else, I walked to my moms car and got in.

She just stared at me.

"Mom. We need to go, now?"

"Right."

I didn't look back to see if he was still standing where I left him.

Whewwwww. I have a feeling their story isn't over yet. But Audrey is about to be home! Lots more to come :) . Vote & comment please :)).

Also, should I make a second book to this one? Let me knowwww