Chapter 17

*And I ran*

As I was passing the nearest tree, I felt something grab my ankle. Before I could register what it was, I was falling face first into the dirt.

Then, I heard footsteps. They were at a steady pace, mocking.

And when I looked up, I saw Owen, a look of mock pity on his face.

"Awe, poor Audrey. Something catch your foot, love? Maybe you shouldn't have ran, you just made this so much harder on yourself. Such a shame." He said as he started to reach towards my wire wrapped ankle.

I kicked my foot, aiming straight for his jaw.

He attempted to dodge it, but my heel nicked his chin, making his neck pop and turn sideways. Unfortunately, it didn't break.

He slowly moved his head back so he was looking at me, and running his jaw.

"You did not just kick me. Wait no, I think you did. I'm pretty sure you did. And I also know your gonna regret it. I promise sweetheart."

And then he untied the rest of the wire from the tree and started to drag my entire body towards the cabin by the end not connected to my foot.

                            *~*

Three hours later *

I wake up, an enormous headache and my entire body sore.

Then I remembered where I was. I tried to sit up, and my world swayed. Plopping my head back down onto the pillow,

Wait- pillow? I look around, and I realize I'm in a bedroom. It's not small, and it's not massive. It's not wood like the foyer and kitchen though. It's painted walls, and it looks like a bedroom from a magazine.

The walls, bedding, and curtains were all orange. Basically of the room had a theme, it would be just orange. Every shade of orange.

What I didn't see was Owen. And I wanted out of here. I wanted to go home.

Just as I thought this, I heard the door unlocking.

My head hurts and I feel like shit so... excuse any typos lol. Thank you for reading! Honestly, I like where this book is going and I have a lot planned... vote and comment please!♡