Chapter 29

As soon as I shook my head in confirmation, Dren's eyes widened and I felt her hands start shaking.

"Th-that's really you? That man, he's the one who took you?" she was looking around frantically as she spoke, as if he was going to come out of nowhere.

Just as she was reaching for her phone, Owen walked in the doorway.

The smile on his face was so false I thought it might crack. "Well, couldn't decide on what to do? It's not all that important, just something different. Change being good and all."

Dren smiled uncomfortably, like she wanted to run far, far away.

"Sir, I'm going to need you to put your hands where I can see them. I've called the police and they'll be here any minute. You have-"

Before she could finish her sentence, Owen pulled out a gun and shot her twice in the chest. Blood stained the white walls and scarlet was pooling on the floor, the smell of blood stinging my nose.

He looked down at her, and then looked back at me. He looked livid, his face red.

"You sneaky little piece of shit, I should have known not to leave you here alone with anyone. You told her as soon as I left didn't you? Didn't you?!"

I got out of the chair before he could hit me, shaking my head and crying.

"Really? Then how did she know? Your lying!" He reached for my throat, pulling me towards him.

"The p-picture of me" I sputtered out between breaths, I was seeing spots in my vision.

His grasp loosened, and he turned to see what I was looking at. He saw my picture and his fingers released me, I instantly began massaging my neck trying to regain blood flow.

"Good girl. I thought you told her, but she was just a nosy bitch. Let's go home, you wanna go home. right? She ruined our day sweetheart, but dinner will be well prepared I promise." He said, relaxed and calmly.

I could only nod, feeling lower than low as I thought about the woman who had just lost her life attempting to free me. If she had children, a boyfriend, how her family would react to her death. It was all my fault.

He took my hand and we went back to the cabin.

Please vote!!<3 Sorry it's been so long, I've been busy :(