Chapter 32

Audreys POV:
"But will you just stay home?" My mom asked for the fifth time.

"No, mom. I'm fine, I'll be home for dinner okay." Walking out of the front door and shut it closed behind me.

I took a large gulp of air into my lungs, and let it out slowly. I loved rain. The way it smelled, tasted, changed the entire environment with a few showers.

It had just stopped raining, so I decided to take a walk in the mist that was left from the storm.

"Yeah I know, I got it. Get her and go." I heard a gruff voice say behind me.

I turned around, and saw a tall man with all black attire on that was speaking into a phone as he tied his shoe.

Probably feeling me looking at him, he looked up from his laces and locked eyes with me; his body freezing.

"I gotta go." He said, hanging up and placing the flip phone back into his pocket.

He stood up, and put on a lazy smile. He let his hood fall, and he looked about 23. Dark eyes, light stubble, and a gaunt demeanor he made appealing.

But he started walking towards me.

I slowly backed up a few steps, and his steps quickened.

I ran.

I was running wildly, with no destination, screaming at the top of my lungs for help from anyone who could hear. No one heard.

Just as I turned back to see how far he was behind me, the rain started again. And when I looked back, I didn't see him.

Assuming my run was over, I took deep breaths and pulled my phone out to call an Uber.

"You run pretty fast, kid. Maybe next time you'll run smarter." Was all I heard as my vision went black and my cell phone hit the sidewalk.

"Audrey." Was someone shaking me?
"Audrey, get up."

I don't wanna get up.

"Audrey! Get up!"

I opened my eyes, realizing all that had happened before was a dream.

Xander was above me, trying to wake me up. His eyes that startling blue, and his hair still tossed from sleep.

I didn't want him near me.

"Don't touch me, ever again. Ever." Shoving him away by his chest, and sitting up.

For a second he looked hurt, but that quickly vanished into a look of annoyance. Good.

"Owen said for you to come downstairs, the food's ready." He said, walking out and not waiting for my response.

Great.

Carter's POV:
"Mrs. Harper, you home?" I said as I opened the front door, as I do every morning.

"Yes, I'm upstairs!" I heard her call from above, the sound of her voice sounding so much like Audrey's.

I jogged up the stairs, taking two at a time. As usual, she was in Audrey's bedroom making signs to hang up and posters.

It's been two weeks since she's been gone, and no one has reported anything substantial enough to help search for her.

Except the warrant for the questioning of Owen Travis.

Known as the 'perfect' student, athlete, and person in general, Owen has a clear criminal record.

But I know that he was the last person she was with, and he also has suddenly dropped off the face of the Earth.

"I still think it's Owen." I tell her, as I do at least ten times a day.

She lets out a breath as she grabs a stapler. "I know, Carter. Trust me, I know. But there's not much we can do if we don't know where he is."

"He's wherever she is, we should be out there looking for him instead!"

She flinched, and I automatically lowered my voice.

"I just miss her." I said, barely audible.

For the first time in a while, I heard her voice completely clear.

"Let's find this boy then, but you better be sure."

Was she serious?

"I'm sure."

"Get ready to go then."

So, I'm back lol. Plot twist, that has been in the making a while now😂. Don't forget to vote ! (Tap the star at the bottom of the chapter:) )