Chapter 2: Gideon Rises (Part 1)

Saige's POV:

       The next morning, after getting dressed and pulling on my hoodie and combat boots, I headed down the path towards the Mystery Shack. I entered the clearing but then was startled when a certain triangular demon appeared in front of me. I jumped back, my hands up in a defensive stance.

        "What are you doing here?! Shouldn't you be off in some ofter dimension, plotting revenge or something like that?" I said, angrily.

        Bill hovered in front of me, "I can't plot revenge without knowing what that symbol means."

        I dropped my arms to my side, "Well you're not gonna find out. Now let me go, I gotta get the Mystery Shack before my shift starts or Stan will be pissed."

        Bill laughed, "The Mystery Shack? You haven't heard the news, have you?"

        I narrowed my eyes, "What news?"

        "That Gideon kid broke in last night after you left and used dynamite to get the deed. He chased the Pines family off the property, and you were off somewhere in this forest, asleep in your bed."

        "Where are they now?" I said, ignoring his taunts of my obliviousness. 

        "And why would I tell you that?" He laughed at me.

        Without hesitation, I whipped out my favorite gun and pushed the demon up against a tree, the barrel of the gun to his chest.

        He just laughed again, "Why would this little peashooter scare me? I'm immortal; nothing can kill me!"

        I sneered, "You should be scared because of all the weapons I have encountered in my travels, this one is by far my favorite. A direct shot to the heart with this gun can kill anything."

        "Well, joke's on you, I don't have a heart!"

        "Maybe not. And maybe this won't kill you. But I can assure you, when it's done with you, you're gonna wish it had."

        He stopped laughing, and instead started to squirm, "Why can't I move?"

        I tilted the gun so he could see the rune etched in the metal, "If it's touching you directly, it holds you in place. You can only move if I mover the gun."

        "Where did you get this thing?!" He said.

        "It was a gift. Now, tell me where the Pines are!"

        Bill made no sound, and I started to toy with the trigger. The demon finally gave in, "...they're all camped out at Question Mark's grandma's house."

        "Give me an address and I'll let you go."

        Bill snapped his fingers and a folded piece of paper appeared in his hand. He held it out to me and I took it in my left hand (so I wouldn't let go of the gun). I unfolded it, read the address over once, then stepped back and tucked the gun back in my hoodie. Bill let out a sigh of relief.

        He turned around to leave, but I grabbed his tiny black arm, "One more thing."

        He turned to face me, and I finished, "Don't come back."

        I let go of his arm and he disappeared into thin air. I hurried on to the address Bill had given me, but I'm dismayed to find that the house is empty except for an old lady who I assume is Soos' grandma. I see the TV on in the corner. The news is showing a giant robot that looks exactly like a scale model of Gideon fighting something on a bridge. Something tells me that I should go there.

        ---

        I arrive at the bridge and see the robot punching the air. In one of his fists is a struggling figure that I vaguely recognize.

        Soos comes up beside me, "Hey dude."

        "Soos, is that Mabel in that big robot's hand?" I point to the figure.

        "Yeah, those dudes have been fighting that thing for a while now. Dipper's inside taking on Gideon," he says, casually eating a burrito.

        "Looks like they're losing, I should go help. See you Soos!" I find my way up the cliff, the forest at my back and start to approach the bridge. 

        "Hang on guys! I'm coming!" I yell, but then I feel someone grab my shoulder and I'm pulled backwards into the dense woods.