Chapter 7: Otherworldly

Bill's POV:

        I slammed my fist down on the table, watching it splinter into to pieces under the force of my rage.

        "What was that, Bill?!" I yelled, "What was that?! One second you were in control and the next..."

        I sighed, pinching the bridge of my nose as pieces of broken wood drifted weightlessly around me.

        "You said you weren't going to let her get to you anymore..." I moved over to the mirror. "Ugh, why didn't you just kill her when you had the chance? She was vulnerable and you had the upper hand. It would have been so easy..."

        Then I realized that it wouldn't have. It would have been the most difficult thing I would have ever had to do in my life. I had never seen her afraid. Not once. But when I had her in my grasp, my hands around her neck, she... she was trembling. I knew I couldn't hurt her, much less kill her. 

        Truth is, I didn't want to kill her. All those secrets, locked away in that pretty head of hers... If she was able to keep me out, then there must be a reason. She has thoughts she doesn't want anyone to hear. She wants to hide them away so badly that she has somehow learned to hold even my powers at bay...

        But somehow, there was more to it than that in terms of why I wanted her alive. I wasn't nearly as interested in the information she held as I was interested in... her.

        But why? Why was I interested in her? What was it about her that made her so darn intriguing? Why was it I always got lost when I was around her? Why was she so hypnotizing? And why do I smell something burning?!

        Oh, looks like I got so frustrated I subconsciously lit everything around me on fire. Whoops.

        I quickly put out the flames and collapsed in a floating chair.

        Anyway, back to the Unknown. Or, should I say, Operator. What did she mean by a terrible monster? What did she mean by "where I'm from?" Where WAS she from?

        I remembered from several weeks ago when I was sitting in this exact same chair, wondering why there was a new symbol on my Cipher Wheel. I couldn't tell what it was or even who it represented. And the Seeingstar had to call me out to do his dirty work. I remember the first time I saw Saige. I was shocked to find out that the "Unknown" was so... gorgeous.

        What was this? How could I feel such an... emotional connection to a mortal? I have never felt anything but hatred for anything in this world.

        Wait.

        Let me think that thought again.

        I have never felt anything but hatred... for anything... in... this... world.

        In. This. World.

        Well, well, well. Seems I have made a discovery.

        There is nothing in this world that I have ever l-

        ...

        ...cared for.

        So therefore, little miss Operator must be from ANOTHER world. Question is... which one?