Chapter 37: Northwest Mansion Noir Special (Part 2)

Okay, so...

I'm sorry about deciding to end the book.

I was mistaken and you guys showed me that. It was.... selfish of me to think that this should end just because I didn't think it was getting enough views. I just thought that maybe the views were going down because people found other books that they like better. Which probably is the case. But just because not everyone likes this book doesn't mean it should stop.

So I thought I should issue a thank you to everyone who believed in me and told me to keep trying, nanoda~. You guys are what kept this book up when I thought it should go down. The list is gonna be long, but there WILL be a new chapter at the end of it.

TotallyNotCaptainAmerica @blondenutella

AtieKay The Fandom Queen @atiekay

black rose

Billiam Fancysun @TomboyCammie

Avalonia Milliken @EmilyRWeasley

Whyiseverynametaken

All my supporters on Wattpad: GingerLongNose, Midnight_Eclipse, infinityxlovee, Kinkalink, Infinixa, JustAnotherPerson992, Infinite_Randomness, Valkyrilon, GravityFallstardis, TheFabulousBri, MissPuppet, ArithArtist123, MinxCipher, and MsHeartless101

And last, but definitely not least, my good friend Ty (@DoTheTypoWaltz) here on Quotev.Thank you, all of you guys, for kicking me in the butt to get moving and keep trying, nanoda~! I owe this whole book to you guys.

Okay, enough sap, let's get on with the story.

Saige's POV:

We entered the extravagant mansion, Mabel, Candy, and Grenda rushing off to admire the fanciful fanciness of the place. Cass gave me one quick hug before running over to join them.

An older gentleman, mid-thirties to mid-forties (he's had work done, but that ain't foolin' me!), approached us, and Marcy, Angel, and Asha gave me and Dipper a pat on the back before departing to give us some space to converse with Pacifica's father.

He greeted us jovially, seeing Dipper next to Pacifica, "Ah, if it isn't the man of the hour!" Then he turned his attention to me, "And... who are you?"

Dipper started to say something, but I introduced myself first, choosing to give Dipper as much credit for this ghost bust as I could, "I'm Saige, Dipper's assistant. It's a pleasure to meet you."

Dipper seemed confused by my humble introduction, but I shot him a reassuring smile to tell him that it was okay to take the lead. I may be older (and have more experience with the supernatural, due to my job) but this was his town, his world. I wasn't going to take that away from him.

He slowly nodded in agreement, saying, "Yeah, she's my assistant. Real help in cases like these, you know?"

Mr. Northwest smiled cheerfully, "Good, good, ah, well, hopefully you can help us with our little... situation before guests arrive in an hour?"

Dipper gave a modest response, "We'll do our best."