Chapter Two

Gajeel saw the bookworm making her way to the table beside Jet and Droy, laughing at something one of them said. He felt a deep anger within him that perplexed him. He had never been worried about either of the two getting Levy's attention... not that he had to work about anyone getting Levy's attention because he wouldn't be jealous of such a thing, of course... but the two were awfully close to the shrimp and it made him feel... off. She was a refined young lady and deserved better than the two of them. That was why he was upset... of course.

<><><>

Mirajane felt her stomach grumble and sighed, making her way to the kitchen. She had eaten only a little while ago, but she was already hungry again. She made her way into the back to find Lisanna lounging, giving her a smug look. "What?" She asked as she made herself an early lunch... a very early lunch. "I think I know what's happening to you!" She said in her happy singsong voice. "What's happening to me?" She asked with genuine confusion. She hadn't noticed anything odd with herself... well... "You've been drinking more, eating more... You're going through your first Mating Season!" Lisanna cheered happily. Mirajane froze, food halfway to her mouth. "You know, what every Take-Over Mage goes through when they turn twenty and every year after until they find their Mate!" Lisanna grinned goofily. "It's so romantic!" She said happily. Mirajane was still frozen in spot. "Oh, Mira, aren't you excited?!" She asked happily.

<><><>

Laxus found his gaze traveling to a certain green-haired Mage. He had been friends with Freed since they were young, the two of them being the founding members of the Thunder Legion. Laxus focused on his long green hair, finding that, for the first time, he wondered how it felt. Was it smooth and gentle? He assumed it was... what?! What am I thinking?! He thought angrily, purposefully turning his thoughts to other subjects. It wasn't like he really wanted to know what that long green hair felt like... of course he didn't.

<><><>

Natsu wondered for a moment if they should speak to the Master. He still felt off. It was like there was a piece of him missing that he needed to find... yet he had no idea where it could be! It was one of the most frustrating feelings in the world. "Natsu, wanna go fishing?" A high pitched voice asked. "Not right now, Happy. I think I need to talk to the Master." He said. "Aye, Sir!" Happy said, though he looked worried. Natsu never spoke to the Master over trivial things.

<><><>

Erza looked at the Master intently. "Should we see if she's sick?" She asked. "And what about the Dragon Slayers?" She asked. "I don't know. This will require research. Lucy, can you find Levy and ask her to come in here?" He asked. The blonde nodded, making her way out of the room to find her friend.

<><><>

Wendy looked at the communication Lacroma with worried eyes. It had been well over an hour since she had last called, but Chelia hadn't responded. She was getting worried... "WENDY!" She heard a familiar voice cry. She turned around to find Chelia running towards her and snatching her into a hug. "Chelia?!" She asked, hugging the girl back happily. "I'm so happy to see you!" Chelia said happily. "I am too! I didn't know you were coming!" Wendy said. "I thought I'd make it a surprise!" She said happily. Chelia realized that she still had her arms around Wendy's shoulders where she had thrown them and her face reddened. "I hate to sound rude, but why are you here?" She asked. "I came for the guild exchange! I'm staying for a whole month!" She said happily. "A whole month?!" Wendy grabbed Chelia by the waist and pulled her into a hug. "I'm so happy you're here!" She says again. Chelia grinned, but her face was reddening drastically again. Wendy didn't seem to notice.