Chapter Twenty-Six

Wendy didn't know how the rest of those who had lost their Mate felt, but she felt naked without Chelia. She had to find her, she needed to find her. She took a deep, steadying breath as she ran down the pavement. She didn't know who had taken Chelia, where she was, or how she was going to get her back. But there was one thing Wendy did know. She wasn't going to give up until she had Chelia back at her side. She wasn't going fast enough. She was going fast, but it wasn't fast enough. She heard familiar wings and recognized Carla over head. Wendy didn't even pause, instead taking a leap and powering it with her wind powers (like in the Dragon Cry). Wendy snatched onto Carla as the Exceed flew. "We have to go faster!" Wendy called down to her friends. "Carla, keep going west," Wendy said. She looked down and caught sight of Happy and Panther Lily carrying Natsu and Gajeel. Of course those two were there, the three Exceeds were always together. Mirajane transformed into her Satan Soul and grabbed onto Lucy. Laxus didn't seem to need a way of flying, instead just running across the ground and using bursts of lightning to make jumps in a similar way to how Natsu had run during the 24 Hour Endurance Race all those years ago. Wendy looked forward with determination. "Whoever stole my Chelia is going to regret the day they were born."

<><><>

Chelia's eyes fluttered open and she groaned, sitting up and looking around. She caught sight of Erza beside her. She looked around and saw Cana, Freed, Gray, and Levy unconscious around her. She took in her surroundings with a keen eye as she moved towards the closest person, Erza. They weren't behind bars as she had expected, but instead inside of a large living room. Chelia had actually awoken on a couch. "Erza, Erza, wake up!" She shook the girl awake. Erza shot up and almost hit Chelia in the head. "Where are we?" She asked, already standing and prowling the room, looking for a door. "I don't know... but I remember a shadow and darkness..." Chelia shivered. "I remember that too." Erza shook Cana awake and Chelia made her way over to Levy. After everyone was woken up, Erza made her way to the door. She didn't bother to try the handle, deciding to simply kick the door off its hinges instead. The rest followed after her quickly. They were met with a dark, shadow-like form. The six dropped into defensive positions at the same time, preparing themselves for a fight. What happened next they could not have prepared for.

<><><>

"Where are we flying?" Carla asked with an annoyed huff. "And where is Chelia?" Wendy tried not to growl. "We're going to find our Mates." Carla was silent for a moment. "I apologize." Wendy looked up and found herself shocked. Carla didn't apologize. That was just one of those things that she didn't do. "Thank you, Carla."

<><><>

"Hello, my name is Smith." Chelia blinked and looked at the others. Erza requipped into her Flight armor and prepared to fight. The darkness and shadows disappeared and there was a man that appeared from it. Erza swung her sword at him and he yelped, ducking. "Hey! What's that for?!" She cried. "For kidnapping us!" Chelia cried, gulping down some air and preparing to fight. "What are you talking about?!" Smith shouted, cowering down as Chelia prepared to attack. "I'm just doing what I'm supposed to do!" Smith cried. Chelia paused, looking at her friends. "What are you talking about?!" Cana demanded, stepping forward and snatching onto Smith by the scruff of the neck. "Gah!" He cried, struggling in her grip. "Talk!" She shouted. "Alright! Alright! I'm just doing what I'm supposed to! I'm supposed to 'kidnap' the Mates and have their partners come looking for them! It's a crucial step in your Mating Season!" Cana glanced at the rest of them and they all shared a look. "But... what about the symptoms?" Chelia asked suddenly, rubbing her arms up and down a tad bit uncomfortably. "That's part of it." They all eyed each other again. Should they believe him? What if he was lying? They all let out sighs at the same time and gave Smith a look.