Chapter Fourteen

A/N: Just a random comment. I was going to find some awesome picture for the cover of this story, but it gave my profile picture and it was just a shook Wendy and I thought "that sums up the story pretty well." Also! Shout out to Knigth123 for the picture comment! I try to find the best pictures before posting! If you have any good ones I'd love see it! It's hard to find them sometimes!

Lucy practically skipped into the guild, hand still linked with Erza's. The redhead was smirking just slightly and Lucy couldn't be happier. Erza loved her. She really did. Erza had kissed her. She sat down at the counter and Erza did afterwards. Mirajane, Gajeel, Natsu, and Laxus all eyed the pair, each wearing some varying level of a smile. Mirajane set down a barrel of water for Lucy, but the girl didn't really notice as she looked at Erza. "So... this is why you have been acting so odd?" Erza asked. Lucy blushed and Erza smirked again. "I... yes." She said with an embarrassed look. "You should have just told me," Erza said logically. Lucy grinned a bit. "Well I know that now!" Erza laughed quietly and nodded. She went to move her hand and put it on the table, but Lucy's grip tightened. Erza glanced at her and Lucy gave her a smirk. "I'm not letting you go that easily." She said. Erza raised an eyebrow and Lucy met it with her own stare. Erza smiled just a bit and nodded. "Alright." She said as if it were the logical reaction. "If I'm going to be the omega I might as well make the most of it." She muttered to herself, making Erza five her a confused look. "I'll explain it later." She said, making a dismissive hand gesture with their conjoined hands. "I believe you've waited to tell me enough over the last few days." Lucy gave Erza a level glare, but Erza just smirked. Lucy sighed dramatically, rolling her eyes. "But it's so hard to explain. I'll tell you at my apartment." Erza raises an eyebrow. "I'm staying at your place again?" She asked. Lucy blushed deeply. "Well, you're still worried, right?" She defended. Erza contemplated for a moment before nodding. Lucy gave her a glare for the pause. "Alright then." She said as if it were settled. Lucy saw several members of the guild looking at her before she turned toward Erza and started staring at her shoulder before whining. "Lucy?" Erza asked worriedly. "Your armor is all pointy." She said. Erza looked down at her and saw how she was looking at her shoulder. "Is this part of Mating Season?" She asked. Lucy huffed and Erza took that as a yes. "Alright," Erza said. She requipped and was in normal clothing soon after. Lucy grinned and set her head on the redhead's shoulder, sighing contently. Erza has never taken Lucy as a particularly cuddly person... but she couldn't say she disliked it. She enjoyed having the blonde curled up beside her. She felt about as content as Lucy looked. Mirajane walked up and she giggled, watching the way Lucy had draped herself over Erza. The redhead saw several people looking at them and looped her arm protectively around Lucy's waist. She couldn't count how many times she had wanted to do that... even if she hadn't really realized why that was until she had said those four words to Lucy. I love you, too. Erza really was stupid when it came to emotions. But at least she had Lucy by her side finally.

<><><>

Wendy felt Chelia's hand thread itself through hers. She blushed and glanced at Chelia to find her looking back at her with a grin. "I'm glad Carla was too shocked by the whole Mating Season thing to really notice we left." The pink-haired girl said with a small chuckle. "I hope she's alright," Wendy said worriedly. Chelia chuckled and Wendy found herself grinning. Chelia had the unique ability to make Wendy feel joyful despite the situation. "Wendy... do you know who your Mate is?" She suddenly asked. Wendy blushed deeply. "Umm... I might have an idea." She said. "Really?" The other girl sounded intrigued. "Yeah..." Wendy glanced at Chelia an found her looking a bit cheerful, though she tried to conceal it. "Who?" She asked. "I can't be sure until..." Chelia looked at her. "Until what?" She asked. "We have to kiss our Mate before we know if they're them or not." Chelia felt her heartbeat quicken dramatically, her stomach seeming to do a backflip. "Is that all?" She asked. Wendy glanced at her. "Then you might as well take a chance." She said. Wendy stared at her in shock. Does she know? Wendy took a deep breath. She needed to be more bold. Carla kept telling her that. She was right. Wendy suddenly pulled Chelia to a stop as they reached a dense section of trees. "You're right." She said. She leaned forward and Chelia grinned as Wendy kissed her. The contact was short and sweet and they both came back blushing. Wendy felt an electric current shoot through her and grinned. Chelia felt it too and blushed deeply. "So..." Chelia said. There was a question in her words. "You're my Mate." She whispered and Chelia grinned a bit goofily. "I am?! I am!" The first time she said it was a bit questioningly, but Wendy's small nod after it made her second one more certain, making Wendy giggle at her. "I can't believe I'm your Mate," Chelia said excitedly. Wendy giggled again. "Someone's excited." She grinned at her words. "Of course! I've only had a crush on you since forever." She said. Wendy blushed at that, grinning back at her. "Well, its a good thing you're my girlfriend now." Wendy suddenly blushed at that. "I mean..." Wendy looked at Chelia and saw her grinning wildly. "Are you going to finish that sentence or am I going to be left hanging?" Chelia asked with her own giggle. Wendy sighed and blushed deeply. "Chelia Blendy, would you like to be my girlfriend?" She asked. "Why yes, Wendy Marvell, I would." The two grinned broadly and Chelia threw her arms around Wendy's neck. "I'm so happy to be your girlfriend... and your Mate... which one do I call myself?" She asked, grinning as she felt Wendy wrap her arms around her waist. "Whichever you want, I guess." She said with a giggle. Wendy tried to pull away, but Chelia held on. "I'm not done, Wen." She mumbled as she set her head on Wendy's shoulder. The blue-haired girl knew she was a touchy-feely kind of person, but this seemed a bit more than normal. "Are you alright, Chelia?" She asked. The pink-haired girl nodded and drew back, blushing. "You're going to have to explain this whole Mating Season, Wen." She grumbled. Wendy giggled as the other girl pulled back. The Dragon Slayer started to walk off, but Chelia slipped her hand into hers as they left. This sounded familiar... but Wendy was far too distracted by her joy to remember.

<><><>

Erza looked at the time and started to stand. Lucy was effectively dragged to her feet by the movement. "Lucy, can I have a moment with Mirajane?" She asked, slightly uncomfortable with Lucy hanging off her. She nodded and let her go. Don't get her wrong, Erza loved Lucy, but she was never the most physically affection... and now Lucy was just so clingy. "Mirajane, can you tell me why Lucy's being so..." she trailed off and Mirajane nodded. "She's the omega in your relationship and is experiencing her symptoms." She explained. Erza looked confused and Mirajane quickly explained the roles to her. Erza ran a hand through her hair quickly before making her way back to Lucy. "Let's get going." She said. Lucy threaded her hand through Erza's and she laughed quietly. "You sure are showing those symptoms." She said. Lucy gave her a glare. "What? Do you not like it?" Her hand retracted from Erza's and she folded her arms across her chest. "Fine." She huffed. Erza raised an eyebrow. "What?" The requipper asked. "If you don't like me touching you, then I won't." Erza gave her another raised eyebrow. "It doesn't bother me... it's just not what I'm used to." Lucy's arms were still crossed across her chest. Lucy looked determined, so Erza let it go and walked beside the other girl, her arms crossed in their normal manner. She saw Lucy's hand twitch and the girl stilled it. "Are you alright, Lucy?" She asked. "I'm fine." She said it in an annoyed tone. "I'll just go through Mating Season without touching you." Erza rolled her eyes at the girl's words. "You are more than welcome to touch me, Lucy." She had requipped into her armor when Lucy let go, but now she changed into normal clothes. Lucy glanced at her before huffing, her resolve seeming to strengthen. "I won't touch you all day! How's that?" She asked. Erza raised an eyebrow. From what she had heard it was incredibly difficult to deny Mating Season, especially if your emotions were going crazy like Lucy's today... and perhaps Erza's emotions were higher than normal as well. "If you say so, Lucy." She said, though she did not requip into armor as she had earlier in case Lucy gave up. The blonde huffed again and looked away from Erza.

<><><>

Chelia's hand swung Wendy's as they walked towards the guild hall. Wendy held the door open, but Chelia didn't let go of her hand so she was dragged after her, almost tripping as she did so. Carla suddenly popped up, flapping her wings and watching as Wendy and Chelia made their way over. "Wendy! Where have you been? I've been so worried!" Her eyes landed on Wendy and Chelia's combined hands. She had never found that odd before, but now she raised a furry eyebrow. "Wendy?" She asked levelly. Wendy nodded her head. "I found my Mate!" She almost squealed with joy. Chelia had an almost smug look on her face as she looked at Romeo from across the guild hall... alright, it was totally smug. She looked back at Carla to see the Exceed trying to process everything. The white-furred Exceed looked at her and Chelia felt a bit of worry well up inside her at the look. "Chelia?" She asked quietly. Wendy nodded and the pink-haired girl tightened her grip on Wendy's hand. Carla suddenly smiled. "That's wonderful, Wendy. I'm so happy for you two." She said with a wide smile. Chelia let out a breath and Wendy grinned, squeezing Chelia's hand happily. "Thanks, Carla!" She said with a cheerful smile. "Of course, Child. Now we best get going if we want to make it home before dark." She said. Wendy nodded and opened her other arm for Carla to jump into. She looked at Wendy's hand that was still holding Chelia's. "It's alright, Child. I'll fly." She said. Chelia grinned at the Exceed thankfully. Wendy didn't seem to understand, but Chelia pulled her from the guild hall before she could speak up. Chelia wasn't going to let Wendy's hand go now that Carla was letting her have it. That would just be rude, wouldn't it?

<><><>

"You think you're the alpha?" Mirajane asked with a raised eyebrow. Cana nodded at her. "Well, that might be a slight problem. See, I believe I'm the alpha." She said. Cana's eyebrows shot up. "You do?" She asked, slightly amused. Mirajane nodded placidly. Like Cana would let herself be the omega of their relationship. "I guess we'll just have to see who has which symptoms." Mirajane spoke in a placid manner despite the conversation. Cana nodded, smirking at that. "I guess we will."

<><><>

Erza held open the door to Lucy's apartment and the blonde carefully avoided touching or brushing her arm. Erza rolled her eyes and walked into the apartment. Lucy walked into her room, presumably to take a shower, and Erza sat down on the couch, smirking slightly. She knew that Lucy wouldn't be able to make it through the whole day... and Erza was alright with that. She could deal with it... perhaps she could even enjoy it. Lucy summoned Plue as soon as she was done with her shower and cuddled against him on her bed, trying not to think about Erza and/or Mating Season.