Chapter Twenty-Nine

A/N: Just a little present because of all the comments and stars on the last episode! Special update! Also, congratulations to @TheRandomnessofLife and @Why_Thou for guessing correctly! Now, on with the story!

Lucy gulped as she looked up. Sitting in that cage was none other than Erza Scarlet, towering at least fifty feet in the air. How am I supposed to save her?! She always saves me! She took a deep breath. Calm down... she thought before looking at the water in the cavern. She smiled just slightly. Aquarius... Lucy took one more breath before stepping into the cavern. She saw Natsu try to step in, and yet again he was slapped with another script. "Oh come on!" He snapped angrily, sighing and looking almost pouty. "If I saved Erza I'd never let her live it down!" Lucy turned and gave him a surprisingly venomous glare. There was a 'whish' sound within the water and Lucy's heart started beating faster than she had thought possible. She stuck the key into the water and yelled, "Open Gate of the Waterbarer, Aquarius!" A blinding light appeared and soon Aquarius is within view, looking at her with dark eyes. "Lucy! I told you not to summon me when I'm on a date!" For once Lucy didn't cower under the gaze. "I need your help, Aquarius." The blue-haired Celestial Spirit gave her a slightly shocked look before she gazed around the cavern. "Is that..." The Celestial Spirit's eyes turned dark, darker than they had turned when she had looked at Lucy when she had appeared, and she brandished her weapon. "Ohho! That's what's got you so upset," Aquarius said. She turned to the water as another sound came from it. A large creature burst from the water, splashing both Lucy and Aquarius. The blue-haired woman glared vehemently. "You think you can kidnap my Wizard's Mate, attack my Wizard, and splash me with water?!" Aquarius sent a burst of water at the monster and it was flipped over, hurtling it several dozen feet backwards. Lucy summoned a second spirit, Saggitarius appearing beside her. "Yes, Mistress!" Lucy looked around and took a deep breath. She was exhausted from having summoned two spirits. She glanced up at her girlfriend. She could do this. Of course she could. "Open Gate of the Lion, Leo!" The man appeared and winked at Lucy. "Hey, Baby." She wasn't having any of it. "Sagittarius, cut the rope holding up Erza." The Celestial Spirit gave her a look before doing as she had said. "Leo, y-" Leo cut her off. "I know, Luc." He leaped over, catching Erza and her cage in midair. Lucy let out a breath as the pair landed in the water. "AQUARIUS!" Lucy cried as she caught sight of the beast coming right for her redhead. Aquarius sent a huge burst of water right at the monster and stopped him from hitting the pair. Lucy let out a breath of relief as she saw her Mate looking safe and sound as Leo pulled her back to shore. Sagittarius was shooting arrows over at the beast, helping Aquarius in her efforts to distract the beast from Lucy's Mate being pulled over by Loki. Lucy ran forward and helped Loki into the side, but she completely ignored him once Erza, and her cage, were on the shore as well. Lucy went for the cage door and looked for a way to open it. She decided to pull out her whip, smashing it against the lock. It popped open and Lucy leaped inside, pulling Erza from the cage. "Erza, are you alright?" She was looking her girlfriend up and down worriedly, making sure she wasn't hurt. Erza gave her a hug and Lucy felt herself relax into the redhead's arms, slumping into the embrace with a sigh of contentment. For that moment, Lucy forgot about the battle going on around them, about Aquarius, Sagittarius, and Loki. She was far too relieved to have Erza back with her. She didn't know how she'd gone on so long without her girlfriend. "I love you, Erza." She whispered, eyes welling with tears as she spoke. The redhead caught Chelia's eye from outside the cavern and saw the girl standing and leaning against Wendy. She was glad the girl was alright. She'd known she'd be okay... but she had to admit she had been rather worried after she had gotten into the cage and found her powers were being blocked. She never liked feeling defenseless. She'd been that way for far too long when she was young, enough for a lifetime if you asked Erza. She tightened her grip on Lucy as the girl continued to cry. The pair didn't notice as Aquarius, Sagittarius, and Loki took the creature down, causing it to sink to the bottom of the water. The Celestial Spirits exchanged a look before they disappeared, leaving their Celestial Mage alone with her Mate. Their fellow Fairy Tail members walked into the chamber, looking at the pair. It was slightly odd to see the girl that had been saved holding their savior in their arms... but of course Erza couldn't do anything normal, but the same could be said for any member of their guild. The redhead comforted the other girl in her arms for another few minutes before the pair got up and made their way out of the small opening to the others. "Are you alright, Luce?" Natsu asked her worried, making his way towards her. Erza pulled her closer protectively. The others all made sure not to get too close to the two, realizing how the pair were feeling. "I love you, Lu." The redhead whispered to her and rubbing her shoulder comfortingly.