Chapter Three

Cana watched Mirajane walk into the back. She sighed, cursing her inability to speak to Mirajane for long amounts of time. She saw Lucy talking to Erza beside her and smirked slightly. Just because Cana was having trouble with her crush didn't mean that she couldn't make fun of Lucy for hers! Cana was a bit of a hypocrite sometimes. "Hey, Luce." She whispered as Erza got up for a moment. She jumped, looking back at her friend. "Yeah?" She asked. She had clearly forgotten that Cana was there when talking to Erza. "How are things going with Erza?" Cana asked. "I-I don't know what you mean." She stuttered. Cana grinned. "I mean your painfully obvious crush on the requipper." She clarified. Lucy's face turned bright red and she turned around angrily. "WHAT?!" She cried, making half the guild turn around to look at her. "I do not!" Lucy hissed quietly. Cana grinned. "Of course not." She said. "You only love spending time with them, blush whenever they get too close, follow them with your eyes-" Cana was cut off as Lucy slapped a hand over her mouth, looking around. Cana had, for once, not noticed that Mirajane was close. "What's this about Lucy having a crush?" She asked with a smirk. Cana grimaced and gave Lucy a rare apologetic look. "Who is it?" She asked. Cana replayed their conversation in her head and let out a breath as she realized she had only said 'Erza' once and used gender-neutral pronouns. She might not have realized Mirajane was there, but she had been subconsciously careful with her choice of words considering they were at the bar at the moment. Lucy opened her mouth but Cana spoke first. "I'm just making fun of her." She said levelly, giving Lucy a small look. "Y-yeah!" She stuttered out. Cana gave Lucy a disappointed look. There was no way that lie could be taken seriously. Not in the slightest. "Right," Mirajane said. "Guess I'll have to watch you extra closely, Lucy!" She said with one of her rare evil smirks. Cana found herself watching that look. She loved it when Mirajane showed her inner demonic side. It was one of her favorite parts of the white-haired Mage. Lucy glanced at Cana and caught an odd look on the girl's face for a moment, frowning in confusion. Cana quickly got rid of the expression, but Lucy had already seen. The damage had been done and Cana cursed herself internally. "It's nothing, Mira." The blonde said. She would have been convincing if her voice hadn't wavered as she had spoken. Suddenly, Lucy got an evil look. "It's Cana you should watch. She's got herself a crush." Cana's head whipped around faster than you could say 'betrayal'. "What?" Cana hissed at Lucy with anger blazing in her eyes. Lucy gave her a vengeful look. Nether of hem noticed the look of disappointment that Mirajane had gotten at the news. "Oh. Well then perhaps I should watch both of you." She said before walking off. "Lucy! Look what you did!" Cana snapped quietly. "What?" She asked. As far as Lucy knew Cana didn't even have a crush, much less that she had just told the object of Cana's affections that she had feelings for someone. Cana glared daggers at Lucy before huffing and turning to her barrel of alcohol. "You don't even know what you did." She muttered angrily. "Then tell me!" Lucy hissed. Cana grabbed onto her wrist and pulled her into another room. "Alright. The truth is..." Cana took a deep breath. "I like Mirajane."

<><><>

Wendy giggled at something Chelia said, not noticing the slightly depressed Mirajane that picked up her food. "I can't believe you did that!" Wendy said, laughter coursing through her. "Hey! I didn't want the Old Hag to spin me!" Chelia defended as she laughed. Wendy rolled her eyes. "Wendy, Child, it's getting late. Perhaps we should return to the Fairy Hills." The white-furred Exceed said. "Yeah, it is getting kinda late." The blue haired girl said. "You ready, Chelia?" She asked. The pink-haired girl nodded, standing up and suddenly grabbing onto Wendy's hand. "Lead the way!" She cried happily. The other girl blushed and nodded. She really wasn't used to being touched unless the other person was a member of Team Natsu. Carla noticed Wendy's slight discomfort and was about to speak up, but Wendy grasped Chelia's hand as well, pulling her forward. Carla looked down at the girl with pride. She's come so far.