Chapter Fifteen

Wendy looked up and found Carla watching them from above. It made her a bit self-conscious and she started to pulled her hand away, but Chelia didn't let her and instead used it as leverage to put her head on Wendy's shoulder as they walked down the pathway. Carla raised a furry eyebrow and Wendy blushed, but she didn't pull away. It was kind of nice to have Chelia leaning against her. It was another thing that Wendy never really had happen to her. Carla wasn't sure how to feel about her little Wendy with not just a girlfriend but a Mate. She wasn't sure that Wendy was ready for this... she was surprised to see Chelia lean on Wendy. She hadn't expected Chelia to do that really... but it was kind of cute. The two of them were cute together. Carla could trust Wendy. She was a good kid and, more than that, she was a good person. And Carla, surprisingly, trusted Chelia. She hadn't liked her when she had met her, especially considering Wendy and her had met during a fight, but she did like her now.

<><><>

Erza finished her shower and came out in her pajamas, raising an eyebrow as she saw Lucy purposefully not look at her. Erza was surprised. It was getting late and she had been sure Lucy wouldn't be able to go through with it. The symptoms were supposed to get worse after the first kiss... she made her way to the couch and sat down. She read one of her books for a good half hour before going to bed.

<><><>

Cana started to feel uncomfortable, trying not to look at Mirajane. She just wanted to grab her hand... but that would be the omega thing to do and Mirajane was going to be the omega, not Cana. Mirajane glanced at her and put a placid smile on her face. She only looked slightly smug... but that meant a lot coming from Mirajane. Cana knew that if Mirajane were literally anyone else she would be doing a dance and screaming about how right she was. For some reason Cana would have preferred that as she heard Mirajane speak. "If you need to hold my hand, that's alright." She said. Cana rolled her eyes. "Pfft. I'm fine." She bluffed. Mirajane nodded and pretended to believe her. Cana could tell she didn't and it was infuriating. "Alright. If you do later, don't hesitate to tell me!" She said it happily and it made Cana even more upset. "I won't." She said as they turned the corner into Fairy Hills. Mirajane chuckled and Cana gave her an eye roll. "You tell me if you need me!" Cana called as she walked into her apartment. Mirajane chuckled and unlocked her room, knowing Cana was going to come and get her by the end of the night. Maybe they could read a book on the couch together. That would be really nice. Mirajane had always wanted to do that when she got a girlfriend... of course most of those fantasies had included Erza when she was younger, but Mirajane had a girlfriend now and she was way better than Erza! Mirajane grinned at the thought. She was so happy to be over her crush. It was silly, really, and she didn't even feel that way anymore. She loved Cana. She smiled, replaying when Cana told her how she felt. That had been one of the best moments of her life. She sighed contently as she went to take a shower. She should get ready early so that she could take care of Cana when she ultimately came to get her later.

<><><>

Chelia giggled as she laid down in bed. She was still in a euphoric haze from earlier that day and nothing could bring her down. Wendy came out of the bathroom and laid down beside her. Chelia grinned and moved closer, setting her head on Wendy's shoulder contentedly. Wendy blushed and looked down at her. "I'm so happy we worked things out." The pink-haired Mage said, smiling at Wendy happily. "Me too! And I'm so happy for Mirajane and Lucy! It's good to know they found their Mates." She said with a broad smile. Chelia nodded, grinning as well. Wendy wrapped her arm around Chelia's shoulders. Chelia cuddled up closer to her at the motion. Carla saw the pair and her eyes widened, watching as the two talked and giggled about practically nothing. Carla hopped up and Wendy instantly looked over at her. "Hey, Carla!" She said happily, opening her other arm for Carla to curl up beside her as well. Carla smiled, having felt slightly jealous that her best friend might be too distracted to spend time with her. "Hello, Wendy, Chelia." She said as she laid down against Wendy's side. Chelia's arm casually came across Wendy's stomach and it landed on top of Carla. The Exceed jumped slightly, looking over from her position to see a very happy looking Chelia. "Thank you, Carla." She said quietly. "You're welcome." Chelia knew just how much Wendy trusted Carla's opinion.