Chapter Five

A/N: Thanks to everybody that read! I came back from school and saw there were 39 views and I was SHOOK! I thought I'd give anyone who might be reading another chapter! I'm currently working on chapter seventeen, but I want to make sure it all makes sense and that I don't have any plot holes! I'll update daily and, if I have a good day, I might update twice! I bet most people that read this (... if anyone reads this story) skipped my long explanation, but IDK! 😊

Freed awoke to find himself in his room. The Mage frowned. Last he remembered he was in the guild hall with the Thunder Legion. He shrugged and made his way towards the closet to get ready. Odd. He was still in his clothes from the day before and he never did that (it was unsanitary, after all). Freed suddenly had a memory resurface of Laxus carrying back to his apartment in his arms. Freed blushed bright red as he remembered it. His 'little crush' had carried him from the guild all the way home. Freed should get him something... but if he got him something he'd be saying that he remembered the night before. That would mean he would have probably been awake as Laxus carried him and that was creepy. The Mage fretted silently as he got ready and decided, finally, he'd simply ask Laxus about the night before. Then he saw a note that had been left beside his bed. Freed opened it and read it swiftly.

Dear Freed,
You fell asleep at the guild last night and I brought you home. Don't worry about how you got home because I know you would if I didn't leave this for you.
-Laxus

Freed found himself smiling as he set the note down. Now he would be able to get Laxus something for his kindness! Now all he had to do was... find something perfect to get him. That was going to be a pain and so stressful. It was worth it though.

<><><>

Wendy couldn't help but replay some of the moments from this morning. She blushed as she remembered the moment from earlier when Chelia had kissed her cheek. It made her smile slightly as she got ready. Chelia really was pretty... especially when her blue eyes sparkled like the morning sky. She guessed that made sense considering she was the Sky God Slayer. She smiled a bit goofily. "What's got you so happy, Child?" Carla asked. Wendy jumped slightly and looked down at her friend. "Just thinking." She said, flashing the Exceed her normal grin before moving towards the door. Carla watched her go and frowned, feeling as if there was something that Wendy hadn't told her. She saw Chelia 'casually' glance at Wendy, but in reality she watched her go to the door and grinned slightly and she jogged up to join her. That made Carla get the same feeling yet again. Weird.

<><><>

Gajeel read it a fourth time just to check. His head popped up and he hurried over to where the sleeping Levy lay. The Dragon Slayer wanted to let her sleep, but she needed to read this. "Levy," Gajeel said with surprising softness. His hand landed on her shoulder and he shook her gently. Her eyes fluttered open and she looked up at him. His heart skipped a beat for some unknown reason. "How long have I been out?" She mumbled, rubbing at her face. "About eight hours. Read this." The Iron Dragon Slayer said, shoving the book into her hands. She muffled a yawn and looked down, adjusting her glasses so she could read. Her eyes slowly widened until reaching comedic sizes. Under normal circumstances Gajeel would have laughed, but he was far too worried about their situation. Levy read it a second time before setting it down. "Is this real?" She asked softly. Gajeel nodded his head and she rubbed her face yet again. "We need to tell them." She said sufferingly. Gajeel nodded and offered her a hand up. She looked at him for a second before her face reddened slightly and she took it. "Thanks."

<><><>

Chelia walked beside Wendy, a spring in her step as she did so. "Are you hungry again?" Chelia asked, suddenly finding herself worrying over the other Sky Slayer. "A little... definitely not like yesterday, though!" Wendy said happily. Chelia smiled and let out a breath of relief. Maybe she just hadn't eaten well the day before last... but that wasn't like Wendy. Wendy was good at taking care of herself despite the situation. Chelia found herself smiling slightly as she thought of that. Wendy really was something alright. She missed the way Carla looked at her as she smiled. Wendy held open the door, a feat considering she was still holding Carla, and allowed Chelia to walk it. "Thanks-" Before Chelia could finish thanking the girl, Gajeel came barreling towards them. "Wendy, I need to speak to you." He said. Wendy glanced at Chelia and smiled apologetically. "I'll be right back. Meet you at the counter." She started to follow, but Gajeel pointed at Carla. "You can tell her later if you want to, but she's not coming right now," Gajeel said, giving Wendy a meaningful look. Wendy frowned before setting Carla down. "Sorry! I'll tell you later!" She promised before following after Gajeel into the back room. She noticed that Natsu and Laxus were already there, looking extremely bored. "What are we doing here, Gajeel?" Natsu asked impatiently. The Iron Dragon Slayer gave the Fire an annoyed look. "There something we need to show you." The man said, gesturing at the book that Levy was holding. Wendy made her way towards it, glancing at the title. Dragons, an Overview. She read the page that the Script Mage opened it to.