Chapter Twenty-Five

Wendy skidded to a stop as she caught sight of several crumbled buildings. She glanced around to see if there were any injured people around, but she didn't see anyone. Chelia glanced around as well and frowned. "WenWen, where is this?" She asked, sounding slightly worried. "It's in the shopping district. I can't tell exactly what shops used to be here..." she looked around, squinting at some points. "I don't even see anyone..." Wendy frowned. "Is this usually populated?" Chelia asked. "Not around this time... but I'd expect to at least find whoever did this..." Chelia and Wendy both turned as one as they heard footsteps pounding on the pavement. The pair breathed in the air at frightening speeds, preparing themselves for a fight. Erza and Lucy appeared from the darkness. Lucy was panting while Erza looked as if she had had a casual stroll through the town. "What's going on?!" Lucy cried, giving Erza a look that said 'are you insane?!' There were more footsteps and soon Natsu, Gray, Gajeel, Levy, Laxus, and Freed had all appeared in the rubble that used to be a part of the shopping district. "Who did this?!" Natsu bellowed. Wendy didn't bat an eyelash at the volume, being more than used to Natsu's random, and loud, outbursts. "I don't know, but we need to find them before they destroy the whole of Magnolia!" Wendy said worriedly. Erza requipped into her flight armor, making both Gray and Natsu shiver from several memories of their fights with the redhead. "Yes. We should split up to find the fiend that has done this to our town." She had that voice, the one meaning that by the end of the night her enemies would be regretting the day they were born. They split up into couples before running off in different directions to hunt for the perpetrator.

<><><>

Lucy summoned Virgo and the Celestial Spirit appeared with her normal blinding burst of light. "Princess?" She said formally. Erza raised an eyebrow. Lucy gave Erza a sigh before she started to instruct Virgo to search for anyone suspicious. Lucy and Erza ran downtown, deciding that the most dangerous place for them to be would be the more densely populated sectors of the city.

<><><>

Freed mentally prepared himself for casting his spells, reminding himself of the best ruins for trapping people. Laxus looked as uninterested as he made his way downtown with Freed, but the green-haired Mage knew he was just as worried as Freed himself was. Of course he was worried, this was their town, their home. Laxus heard footsteps and spun.

<><><>

Wendy sprinted down the street before skidding to a stop. She and Chelia had gotten the district with Fairy Hills in it. "Come on, we need to tell everyone what's happening!" Wendy called out before sprinting inside. Chelia followed after her. Wendy ran to knock on the doors, but Chelia shook her head. Chelia took a deep breath before letting out a loud God Slayer bellow. Wendy jumped and looked at her girlfriend with wide eyes. "What if someone was sleeping?" She asked. "Then you'd want to wake them up to help," Chelia pointed out. Wendy blushed a bit as Chelia giggled. "WenWen, you're way too nice." Chelia giggled and Wendy rolled her eyes.

<><><>

Mirajane awoke to loud bellow outside her room. She jumped to her feet and sprinted to the door. "What?" She asked as she opened the door. She heard a familiar voice outside. "Come on, WenWen! I didn't wake everyone up! It's your turn." Wendy shook her head, but after a minute of prompting, Wendy let out a loud roar that shook the door frame. "Sorry, my roar's always been a bit quiet." Mirajane interrupted them. "What's going on?!" She asked. Cana yawned from inside and made her way to the doorway slowly. "What's up?" She drawled in her sleepy haze. "The town's been attacked!" Wendy took off and Chelia went after her. "Tell the others!" Wendy called over her shoulder. Mirajane and Cana exchanged a look before turning around to find the rest of the people that were coming out of their apartments. "We better get started," Cana sighed before moving out towards the hall. Mirajane nodded before starting to direct the people that had just woken up.