Chapter Six

"I have some questions," Lucy said. Loki grinned at the blonde. "Like what, beautiful?" The Celestial Spirit asked. "What's happening to me?" She demanded, glaring at him. "I believe you'll have to be wildly more specific than that," Loki said, smirking as he did so. "You know what I mean! Whenever I'm sick or acting off one of you comes to check on me! Not a single one of you has so I know you know it isn't dangerous! And I heard you laughing earlier!" She cried angrily. The Spirit let out a dramatic sigh. "I see we have been seen through. You can come out, Virgo." The leader of the Zodiacs said. Virgo seemed to appear out of nowhere. "Hello, Princess." She said formally. "Tell me what's happening to me. Now!" She said, voice becoming dangerous at the end. She might not be able to use any physical magic, but she could really pack a punch with one of her 'Lucy kick!'s. "Virgo, you explain it." The leader said, looking slightly nervous. "Very well, big brother," Lucy grimaced as the pink-haired spirit said that, "I shall explain it to the princess. We Celestial Spirits have decided that our Princess deserved to find love. We have decided to activate your Soulmate Finder or, as you would call it, Mating Season." Lucy chocked on the air, gasping for breath as her face turned bright red. "VIRGO! LOKI!" She shouted angrily. "I can handle my love life on my own, thank you very mu-" Virgo cut in. "And your crush on the redhead?" She asked. "You know her name is Erza," Loki said with a disapproving head shake. Lucy's face was so red that she was about seventy-five percent certain that she could hear the steaming of a teakettle. "So... who's my soulmate?" Lucy asked, blushing and looking down at the ground. If they had already done it, she might as well ask... no harm in learning what she could... "That's your job to figure out!" Loki winked. Virgo gave him a level look. "Big brother, I believe she's already having enough problems without us adding mystery." She said. Loki pouted. "You take all the fun out of it." The Lion said. Virgo looked insistent. "Fine!" Leo said, sighing. "Lucy, your soulmate is..." the man let the dramatic scene reach its climax. Suddenly he got an odd look on his face. He pulled a paper out of his pocket and read it. "Loki, did you not even know?" Virgo asked, looking at him with cold, calculating eyes. "I expected her to be able to figure it out! What with her whole Mating Season and all!" He defended. "Who is it?!" Lucy cried somewhat pleadingly. Loki continued to be dramatic, so Virgo shoved her way over to read over his shoulder. She fell silent too. "I thought it was a crush." She whispered. Neither of them had expected this to be honest. Of course they probably should have, but they didn't. It just seemed odd. The two were just so different. "TELL ME!" Lucy shouted at them. "Erza Scarlet."

<><><>

Wendy looked up as she thought she heard a familiar voice screaming. She saw Erza doing the same and the two locked eyes before shrugging. It couldn't have been Lucy. A human being couldn't possibly scream that loud. Wendy turned back towards Chelia with a grin. "We should go on a walk! I can show you the whole town of Magnolia!" Wendy was excited now and would have blushed if Chelia hadn't looked just as enthusiastic at the prospect. "Yeah!" She said, bouncing in her seat in such an adorable fashion that Wendy found a grin on her face as she watched. "Well, c'mon!" Wendy's hand snaked out and grabbed onto Chelia's. Carla watched the whole scene with eyes that seemed to bore into Chelia's very soul. The pink-haired God Slayer would have noticed if she hadn't been so preoccupied with the fact that Wendy had grabbed onto her hand. Wendy had almost freaked out the first time Chelia had touched her. She, clearly, wasn't accustomed to people touching her unless she knew them really well. The small gesture was enough to make Chelia blush. She'd been so careful about physical contact with Wendy, but now that Wendy was alright with hand holding... Chelia felt as if a whole new door had opened. She had wanted to hold Wendy's hand so many times that it wasn't even funny. Now here she was, being pulled from the guild by an enthusiastic Wendy Marvell. Maybe she could win this little game of theirs after all... at this rate she could absolutely destroy the blue-haired girl. Chelia found herself smirking in a somewhat evil fashion that would have probably worried Wendy if she had seen it.