Teen Wolf [Gen Fic X Reader]

Imagine going on a road trip with Stiles and Derek.

. .

. .

With graduation only several months away and a majority of your friends focused on the next villainous threat that could make an appearance in your homely little town, you wanted to spend your last high school Spring Break as normal as possible. So after concocting a schedule of several locations you wanted to visit on a short road trip around California and showing your parents every detail you had planned, they gave you your blessings to do as you please.

So in the early morning hours of a Saturday, way before the sun was due to be up, you're packing up the black Ford Escape which your parents rented for you for the road trip. Nearly done, your head snaps up as a familiar powder blue jeep screeches to a halt at the end of your driveway.

"Did you really think you could leave without me?" Stiles muses.

Derek appears from behind the jeep, stopping near the driver's side window. "Without us?" He grins. Stiles takes notice of the werewolf and rolls his eyes, sighing dramatically. Derek turns towards him and shoves his face to the side. "Thanks for picking me up back there, Stilinski. I know you saw me."

You snort a laugh at Stiles' too innocent expression. "You guys are idiots. What are you doing here?"

It takes a minute for them to stop glaring at each other and when they do Stiles is quick to answer you. "I thought it was obvious. We're tagging along on this road trip of yours."

"Yeah. Scott's go a handle on things around here. They don't need me and I'm not sure why Stiles is going."

"Uh, excuse you," he huffs. "Y/N is more my friend than she is yours. We've been going to school together for years which is more than you can say."

"Boys," you fondly admonish them. "I really don't mind the company, but are you guys sure? I know Scott usually relies on you two for a lot of stuff."

"It's fine. We're good," Stiles is quick to assure you. "And since Roscoe isn't up for any long term driving, we'll be joining you in your fancy new ride."

"Shotgun!"

"Goddammit!" Stiles shouts, glaring once more at Derek.

Watching Derek gloat as Stiles grumbles about meeting him at his house so he could park Roscoe in the garage, you can't help but realize that this trip of yours just got ten times more amusing. Stiles says something which causes Derek to reach in through the window and punch his arm, and you attempt to be oblivious to Stiles' squawking.

Yep. Definitely amusing.

The first stop, after Derek and Stiles both revoked your driving privileges because they couldn't handle your amazing skills behind the wheel, was at a superstore to purchase an ice chest and stock up on all the snacks

The first stop, after Derek and Stiles both revoked your driving privileges because they couldn't handle your amazing skills behind the wheel, was at a superstore to purchase an ice chest and stock up on all the snacks. And since the boys were the ones who were practically bottomless pits, they bought a majority of the food.

You wanted to watch the sun rise, so after grabbing some breakfast Derek drove to the nearest beach where the three of you found a concrete picnic table to eat and await the sunrise.

"So what's our first official stop?" Stiles asks, pulling his sunglasses down from the top of his head and shielding his eyes from the morning sun.

"Alcatraz Island."

"The prison? You want to go see a prison?!"

"Well.. yeah." You shrug and grin when Derek seems interested in the idea. "I was hoping for a night tour, but I'm not a fan of travelling on water to begin with so I figured travelling on water at night is worse."

"Anything else?" Derek wonders.

"Then I want to head up north to Muir Woods National Monument. It's known for it's towering redwood trees and I always thought those were just so.. amazing."

"Yeah. I think you'll like walking the trails. My dad used to take us there as kids."

"Great." Stiles groans. "Outdoor activities. Yay."

"Buck up there, Stilinski. I wasn't even aware you and Derek were going to crash my trip. If you can't hang, you can always take a taxi back home."

"Yeah, Stilinski," Derek smirks. "If you can't hang-"

"Fuck you, Sourwolf. I can hang."

Rolling your eyes at the now bickering duo, you pull down your own sunglasses before gathering your trash to dump in the nearest can.

This was going to be a long week.