Part 27: Alternate Ending (2018 Addition)

DISCLAIMER: This alternate ending was inspired by a comic I found on Pinterest. Credit for the main concept idea goes to its rightful owner.

If you've ever taken a road trip through the Pacific Northwest, you've probably seen a bumper sticker for a place called Gravity Falls.

It's not on any maps, and most people have never heard of it. Some people think it's a myth. But if you're curious, don't wait.

Take a trip. Find it. It's out there somewhere in the woods. Waiting.

I decided that I couldn't wait any longer as curiosity got the best of me. I carefully fished out Wendy's letter from my inner vest pocket and opened it up.

A smile forms on my face when I see that it has various familiar signatures and says "See you next summer". Mabel is sleeping on my shoulder and snoring lightly with Waddles on her lap.

Before folding it back up and putting it away, I decide to flip it over and check the back, just to make sure I didn't miss anything on it.

The color suddenly drains from my face as eyes widen and body stiffens. A cold chill runs down my spine as I swallow hardly.

In surprisingly extremely elegant handwriting the back of the letter reads, "We'll meet again, some sunny day."

My eyes narrow as I grit my teeth and feel anger (and a little bit of fear) sweet up in my chest as my clench the letter that I had only moments ago, thought to be sweet but now only a symbol of evil.

"Bill."

~

A/N:

Um...hello? Long time no see? Yeah, um I know that this is super random and weird seeming that I finished this book almost a year ago now (at least with basic edits) but um I decided to post an alternate ending.

After rewatching Gravity Falls now that I'm older, having read more fanfics for it and gaining other perspectives I was inspired to do this.

So yeah.

It was nice to pop in and see you all again. I truly do miss when I was first creating this book and I would post chapters at play practice, go to bed and wake up to see all of your comments and votes.

But sadly times have changed and I am not as active on Wattpad with fanfics or even original content like I use to be. I still love reading other fanfics on Wattpad though and I am quite active with that, just not with my own stories.

Thank you all so much though (for those of you who will see this) for all of your unwavering loyalty, support and endless love even after this fanfic being about three years old. I truly appreciate it. I wouldn't be wear I am now without you guys who have been here since the beginning so again, thank you.

Sincerely,

~Izzy

Ps.
Potential sequel? Yay or nay?