Chapter 5

"Sally was an orphan who was adopted. We have reason to believe that she is your sister. Half his DNA matches to you." The officer said.

"Alright, I'll take Percy under my custody. Though how did Sally die?" Bruce asked.

"It is unclear how. When we arrived at the scene Sally and Paul's bodies were on the floor. There were signs of struggle and some havoc." The officer described.

"Okay, So can I have the paperwork so I can take Percy into my custody." Bruce asked.

Once the officer left the office I felt a warm hand on my shoulder. "You okay chum?"

"Fine" I said. I wasn't in a bright mood. Let alone talk to someone.

I didn't know how to react to any of this. Cool I have an relative, but did my 'uncle' have to come at the cost of my mother. Why hadn't he be found earlier?

If he'd been found earlier perhaps she would've been happier. She wouldn't have to worry about money. She wouldn't have to marry Gabe.

I felt anger and sadness build up within me. I felt it ball up in my stomach. Mom has suffered so much, and because she died her brother was found? Why now? If he was found earlier, if her roots were found earlier then she could've got protection.

I felt tears build up again as I thought about her. She suffered so much. If he had been found earlier then perhaps she wouldn't have married Gabe.

I felt a hand rub my back. I knew it was my 'uncle' but at the moment I didn't know what to think.

Then the guy returned with some papers and a pen. He quickly returned to the desk and handed the papers. "These are the adoption papers Mr. Wayne" he quickly said. You could hear the glee in his voice. Without a doubt you knew he had been talking with his co-workers.

Bruce quietly started filling out the sheets and once he was done he asked me to sign. Did I really want this? I mean I do need some guardian but still. If I sign this I may be stuck with him forever.

I felt the cold metal barrel as I picked up the pen. I slowly brought it to the bottom of the page and signed.

My writing wasn't the best but it did the job. After I signed though my insides were screaming. I was no longer my mom's. I now belonged to my uncle.

I became a bit restless as I began to tap my fingers on a lap. Once we get to wherever my.... wait where does he live again?

"Where do you live?" I asked. It came out more like a mumble.

"Gotham City" He replied. I don't think Annabeth mentioned Gotham. I think that clears it.

"Alright Percy is now under your care Mr Wayne." The officer said. I looked up to see him smiling. I just nodded and stood up ready to finally leave.

I slung my backpack over my shoulder and walked out without sparing a backwards glance. Finally.

I walked out and immediately was ready to run back inside. I couldn't because my uncle was in the way.

I turn to see my uncle going ahead, pushing the cameras out of the way. I run to him as the gap closes.

I'd rather fight a monster than be here right now. In my first adventure it was easy lying to the media. I understood them. Now I had no idea what was going on.

I stayed close to my uncle as he pushed through. I wasn't in the mood to deal with this.

Soon we reached a nice black car and he opened the door for me. I quickly got in and he got into the front.

I slumped into the soft seat relieved that I was away from the crowd. I never thought it'd be that scary.

"Let's get out of here Alfred" My uncle said to the driver. His name was Alfred. Okay noted. Though honestly I'll probably loose track of all the drivers.

I took off my bag and placed it beside me before putting on the seatbelt. I watched as the crowd of reporters disappeared.

I felt all that fear inside me melt away as we rode out of town.

Luckily I kept all my stuff in my bag, or else I don't think I could stand being at the apartment.

I opened my bag to find a picture of Annabeth. I would iris message her, but I didn't want to disturb her. She probably was still traumatized after seeing Luke. Though I really didn't like the fact we weren't left in clear terms.

"Alfred this is Percy, Percy this is Alfred." Bruce said out nowhere.

"Hi" I mumbled. I honestly didn't know what to say.

"Hello" Said Alfred. "I am your butler". What's a butler?

"Friend" corrected Bruce. I started to get really confused.

"What's a butler?" I asked.

"I take care of almost everything." Alfred replied. Okay so I go to him if I need anything. Cool.

"Do you have everything you need?" Asked Bruce.

"Yeah" I replied. I didn't really want to have a conversation right now.

"I don't think that backpack can hold everything." Said Bruce. Being a demigod we learn quickly on quests on how to pack light. All we need if food, water, clothes, money and drachmas right?

"You and Dick can go out next week and get some more stuff" he said. Wait what did he mean by dick?

I was really nervous to ask. What did he mean by that? "Dick?" I asked.

"Oh I forgot to mention. I live with Alfred and Richard. Though Richard prefers to be called Dick. He's my ward" Bruce explained. What's a ward? It hasn't been long and I'm already really confused.

"What's a ward?" I asked nervously.

"He's under my care, but he is not my son" Bruce answered.

Oh okay I said. Wait so he lives in a big house with only 2 people.