Chapter 1: Pomegranate's Plan

hey, 2021 kiwi here!
i've noticed a huge influx of new readers in this story, despite it being three years old by now.

while i do love the original TTIWH and appreciate all you dear readers, please keep in note that i have a new version written that is currently updating as of me writing this! (in fact, a new chapter should release in a week or so)

i would hugely appreciate it if you could read the new version as well, since i've improved countless plot holes, overall planned out character arcs/motivations better, and just generally write better.

if you want to read the new version without any spoilers, i would recommend putting this away for later and coming back once i'm finished updating, but that may take much longer. however, if you want to directly compare this one to the rewrite, then go right ahead and read! just be careful to note that the overall plot is the same, so spoilers are unavoidable.

thank you, and please enjoy the old version of the time i was human!

***

Under the hood of the dark night, Pomegranate Cookie slipped into her lair, meeting up with her master. Cautiously, she walked up to them, and said, "Master, the cookies are getting really close to interfering with our plan."

Looking at her, Pomegranate's master replied, "How though?"

Bowing down, Pomegranate then answered, "The Legendaries are taking action against us. They are already at our tails."

"We don't have tails."

"That was a figure of speech, Master."

"Yeah, well, what should we do, then?"

A dark smile lit up on Pomegranate's mind.

"Shall we activate Plan 39, Master?"

"Yes. Activate Plan 39."

***

Meanwhile, at the Legendary Cookies Meeting: (the "Legendary Cookies Meeting" idea was made by my friend KapsOff)

"Alright guys!" Moonlight Cookie yelled across the room filled with arguing, fighting, and shouts.

The noise immediately died down as all of the heads turned towards her.

Taking a deep breath, Moonlight announced, "I got an email from Pomegranate Cookie."

"So? What did you do?" Wind Archer Cookie asked.

"Well, I gathered all of you here so I can consult with you guys on what to do."

"You mean you haven't even opened it yet?!" Fire Spirit Cookie demanded.

"Exactly!" Moonlight replied. "She's never sent me an email before!"

"Who voted this idiot to be our leader, anyways?" Millennial Tree Cookie argued.

"I did!" Moonlight yelled. "And that's why I'm asking if I should open it or not!"

There was silence around the room.

Finally, Sea Fairy Cookie stood up and said, "I don't think you should open the email. I've heard stories of viruses being sent via email and that might be what she is doing."

Dark Enchantress Cookie turned to Moonlight Cookie and asked, "If that's the case then, why don't we destroy the email?"

"Can't we just... y'know, delete it?"

"What? So you mean all this time I've been destroying my computers and sending them to the void I could have just deleted the email?"

Everyone stared at her.