Chapter 3: The Portal

Small note: I would like to thank @tealmightywingy  for letting me use her character in the story!

***

Sea Fairy Cookie stared into the mirror. It seemed like so long ago when Moonlight had communicated through it. She wanted her to come back, and talk as friends, not ones who have a responsibilities to take of.

Sea Fairy stood, silent. Though it may not have seemed like it, she was deep in thought. If something happened, it was almost always irreversible, right? There must have been a way to bring the Cookies back.

Suddenly, she had a great idea. What if Pomegranate has turned into a human herself? She would have no choice but to reveal the way back into being a Cookie! Sea Fairy's eyes immediately lit up. She had to tell Wind Archer this. With an idea in her mind, she ran out the door, leaving the mirror behind.

***

Gingerbrave scratched his head in confusion.

"So you're telling me," he said to Black Licorice. "that you were once a Cookie yourself?"

Black Licorice nodded grimly.

"AND you are also Pomegranate's brother?"

"That's right."

"So, what exactly is Plan 39?"

Turning to look at the streets, Black Licorice replied, "We shouldn't talk about it here. Tell your friends to get up. We have to leave before she knows where you are."

Quickly doing as Black Licorice said, Gingerbrave shook his friends awake and helped them up.

"We can go now!"

Black Licorice was just about to lead the gang away, when a rustle sounded from the bushes. Everyone froze. Out popped a cute looking creature, A black one with purple eyes.

Gingerbright, being the curious girl she was, stepped closer to the creature.

"Aww, how cute!" she said.

"Wait, don't get close to it!"

But just at that moment, the creature grew out 8 legs and expanded in size. It opened its mouth, revealing its unnaturally sharp fangs.

"She's already found out," Black Licorice said as he sheathed out a gleaming, black sword.

Gingerbrave wanted to ask how or where he got it from, but at this point, he was too tired to care. He also drew out his candy cane baton, not caring about how it even got onto him.

The others must have sensed the danger of the strange creature as well, since the two girls took out their giant lollipops as well, while Skater Cookie held up his skateboard, ready to fight.

Nobody moved. And then, the creature lunged at them. Skater awkwardly swatted it away with his skateboard and it landed on the ground. It hissed, and tried to bite Gingerbright, but Gingerbrave smacked it in the head with his weapon.

As it landed in front of Black Licorice, it pounded onto him, but he sliced off one of its legs. It let out an unholy screech and stumbled backwards. Strawberry swung her lollipop hammer at it, causing it to fall onto the ground.

Black Licorice held his sword over the creature, and stabbed it through its body. With a final wail, it burst into a pile of pomegranate seeds.

But right when that happened, they heard scuttling behind their backs again. When they turned around, there were more of the eight-legged creature crawling towards them.

"There's more! I don't know if we can fend them off!" Skater declared.

"We'll just have to try our best..." Strawberry whispered.