Chapter 26: Monster

A tennis ball whizzed past the heads of countless Jelly Walkers and hit the ground, bursting into a splash of orange, knocking the Walkers off their feet.

Following the tennis ball, a wave of electricity shocked through the crowd, along with a giant beach ball and a burst of gum. A bunch of Jelly Walkers turned back into jelly, and thankfully there weren't any infected Cookies that got turned into Walkers.

On the other side, an arrow whizzed by and plunged into a Jelly Walker as a pitchfork plowed through the crowd.

From the inside of the crowd, a giant tornado of water swirled up and crashed forward, sending the Jelly Walkers outward again, followed by fire and a lot of light. The crowd was thinning, as the expected.

The non-fighters just lingered in the backlines, doing their best to keep the Walkers away from them and basically trying to survive.

But their efforts paid off. Slowly, there would be less and less Jelly Walkers, and it got to the point where hey could see Millennial Tree's giant antlers and Moonlight's staff.

Finally, the last Jelly Walker dropped to the ground and turned back into a pile of pink jelly. The battle was over, and the Legendaries were standing right before the group of Cookies.

For a long time, there was silence. Then, Gumball awkwardly bowed down and the others followed. Only Black Licorice remained standing.

"What are you doing?!" Lime hissed at Black Licorice. "They're the Legendaries!"

"That doesn't change the fact that they're the ones who banished me to this world and took my eye out," Black Licorice replied bitterly.

Millennial Tree almost seemed surprised st the fact that a bunch of humans were bowing down to them. He looked back and forth to Sea Fairy and Moonlight, who simply shrugged.

"No need to be so formal," Fire Spirit chuckled, breaking the silence. "Just because you're face to face with the Legendaries doesn't mean you need to do all that crap."

The rest of the Cookies awkwardly straightened up once again.

"Thank you for assisting us in the fight," Sea Fairy thanked gratefully, bowing her head a bit. "We will repay you in the future."

The other Cookies all said things like "you're welcome" or "no problem" or "you really don't have to."

But Black Licorice continued to eye Moonlight, literally. He had always told himself to not resent her for what she did to him, but as it turns out, grudges never really go away.

Moonlight, on the other hand, had not recognized him.

"You noble Cookies have helped us eliminate the Jelly Walkers. In return, we will help you all get home," she announced.

"And I think we have an idea on who the traitor is, eh, Sea?" Fire Spirit leaned against his staff.

Sea Fairy frowned, the memory of the liar's actions rushing back into her mind.

"Traitor?" Moonlight scratched her hair. "Who?"

Sea Fairy sighed.

"Darling, I love you, but you are really stupid sometimes."

"Think of it, Moon," Fire Spirit paced around. "Who wasn't with us when we were trapped? Obviously, Sea wasn't present, but she came back and rescued us. And there's also Windy, but I don't think he'd ever betray us with his faithfulness. That leaves only one Legendary."

Moonlight's expression immediately darkened.

"Oh. It's her."

"I knew we shouldn't have invited her back to the Legendaries," Millennial Tree shook his head, disappointed. "We were foolish to think that it would be better to keep our enemies close to us."