Chapter 24: The Real Battle Begins

"The Jelly Walkers are all grouped together!" Cherry Blossom announced as she landed before her group. "It's perfect to launch the cannon!"

"Then, we have no time to waste!" Hero powered up the cannon. "Let's head over!"

However, there was another follower that they did not notice. Night Raven stood atop a rock, watching the trio from afar.

"So, there are more..." he said ominously as he pulled the blindfold over his violet eyes. Then, he pulled an arrow back, aimed it at Hero, and released.

Cherry was the first to notice the arrow in the sky.

What's that purple thing doing? she thought, frowning. Wait, is that an arrow?!

Immediately, she grabbed a bomb from her backpack and hurled it towards the flying object. The two collided in midair and caused an explosion of red and purple.

"Holy smokes, what just happened?!" Hero exclaimed as he stumbled back.

"It's an arrow!" Cherry yelled as she drew out more bombs. "Watch out! There might be more!"

In a frantic, Cherry Blossom and Hero rushed al around as a rain of arrows came down upon them. Cherry Blossom slid and ducked behind a rock while her sister did her best to stop the arrows before they reached the ground.

"The cannon!" Hero realized. "Protect the cannon!"

Hero pulled the cannon away just in time as an arrow struck the spot it was previously in.

"Cherry Blossom, take the cannon to somewhere safe!" Hero ordered as he dodged yet another arrow. "Also, could you power on Jelly Co. while you're at it? He will be helpful!"

"On it!" Cherry Blossom grabbed the cannon and began to wheel it away.

"Have you caught a good look at our attacker?" Hero turned to Cherry, who shook her head and pulled out another bomb.

"No, but I'm running out of bombs!" she wailed.

Taking in a sharp breath, Hero knew it would be impossible to win without his suit, which was still charging along with Jelly Co. back at Wasabi's Lab. He hoped that when Jelly Co got powered on, it would bring over his suit and he would be able to fight. Until that happened, he needed to hatch a plan.

"Cherry!" Hero called out. "Follow me and let's make a plan!"

"Oh, anything to save me from this!" Cherry sighed with relief as she ran after Hero.

Ducking through a crack between the rocks, the two began to form a plan.

***

"Get ready to defend yourself!" Cherry Blossom exclaimed as she shoved the cannon through the doorway. "We're under attack!"

"Attack?!" Vampire nearly fell out of his chair. "Who?"

"That's not the question, it's WHY were being attacked!" Alchemist responded as she ran hurriedly over to a table and began mixing potions.

"Can you describe the attacker?" Mustard inquired as she held up her two spray cans.

"No, since they were shooting arrows from afar!" Cherry Blossom explained. "The arrows also purple and seemed as if they were coming from the sky!"

"So, that rules Beet out... Who else can shoot arrows but can also fly?" Mustard pondered.

"Also, do you know where Jelly Co. is?" Cherry Blossom asked. "Hero needs it!"

"In Grams's lab!" Mustard answered, pointing the way.

"Okay, thanks!" Cherry Blossom thanked as she rushed over.

Mustard tried to think of who the attacker was as the others scrambled around her, getting prepared to fight. They could shoot arrows from the sky, and they had to be purple. The only archer she could think of was Beet, but Beet couldn't fly. There was only one more Cookie who used the bow and arrow in the Cookie Kingdom and that was... no, it couldn't be. She couldn't possibly imagine him being the culprit.

She watched into the distance through the window. If the attacker had been Wind Archer, the only other bow user, then that could mean only one thing: The Night Raven was back.

***

"Orange, come back here!" Lemon chased after his orange-haired friend. "What if you get hurt?"

"That doesn't matter!" Orange responded strongly. "If the Legendaries are fighting, we need to help him!"

"Yeah, well they're the Legendaries!" Lime tried to reason. "They could take on anything!"

Not replying, Orange rushed forward as the group chased after her. She didn't care if it was dangerous, any assistance in the fight would be of big help. If the Legendaries ever needed the support of the normal Cookies, this would be the time.

A few thousand feet to the east, Beet and Carrot rushed towards the jellied crowd.

"What do you think that is?" Carrot asked as she ran alongside of Beet.

"If what I learned is right, then I think that might be a crowd of Jelly Walkers," Beet responded. She picked up her speed. "And the Legendaries are fighting them."

They stopped around fifty feet away from the gigantic pink crowd. The Walkers didn't seem to notice them yet, which was a good thing. Every couple seconds, a wave of water would crash over a part of the crowd, some stars would shoot down, a row of fire would roar past and a massive beam of would light turn some Jelly Walkers back into normal jelly from which they were created. However, the stronger ones got back up and rejoined the crowd.

"I'll help them," Beet decided as she pulled out her crossbow and notched an arrow onto it.

"I'm not going to question where you got that from because I've got my pitchfork as well," Carrot remarked as she pulled out her pitchfork.

Right before they could make a move, an orange tennis ball whizzed past their heads and knocked down a dozen Walkers. Turning around, the duo saw an entire group of people they recognized...

"Herb?!" Carrot exclaimed. "What are you doing here?!"

Herb didn't have time to answer, though, since the Jelly Walkers finally began to take note of the large group behind them. One by one, parts of the crowd began breaking off to limp towards the group.

"Hold onto your brain cells," Gumball suggested as he loaded his rifle. "The real battle begins now!"

And with his word, everyone readied their weapons and charged.