Chapter 19

Belle

We didn't do anything once Jolene's parents left. All we did the rest of the day was walk around and talk about random topics. She was very worried after her parents left. I got worried, BB is beyond worried. She thinks that something is wrong. She is so worried that something is wrong with Jolene's parents.

"Something IS wrong! Something very wrong! I don't like her father! He smells too much like.... bad guy."

"Really?"

"Really infinity! He's a big bad, meany, big doo doo head!"

"Still in preschool is see." BB snort at me and turns away. She's still grumbling away about Jolene's dad. I know this guy is bad news. As long as I'm around I'll protect her as best I can.

"Then tie her to the bed! We can do much more than protect her there."

"Savage!" I yell back at her. Jolene shakes my arm, I look at her. She is smiling at me.

"You two are always fighting. It's so funny." I take her hand and kiss it. Her eyes twinkle, but they slowly dim. I sigh and take both her hands in mine.

"Why are you so worried about your parents? You're the Imperial Princess, on top of that you're my mate. No one will ever harm you as long as I am around you." Jolene keeps her head down, she puts her face in the crook of my neck. BB sniffs curiously, she thinks Jolene might be hiding something from us.

"Can we just go back to your room? I just want to be with you alone."

"Okay, when we get there we can cuddle until dinner." Jolene smiles up at me then kisses me. All my worries about her and her family fade away. I can tell she still is worried so I take her face in my hands and kiss her harder. She holds my hands gently after our lips part. She smirks at me, I smile back. There's nothing I can really say right now. She's just too beautiful for words.

"You said it..." BB sighs. Jolene and I make our way up to my room. She closes the door then slides down it. I tilt my head, something is bothering her terribly. Without saying a word I take her shoes off, scoop her up in my arms, and take her to the bed.

"Jolene, I've know you for ten years." Her green eyes look up into my brown eyes with much guilt. Gently I put her on the bed then get between her legs. She tries to get up but I pin her down. BB is starting to wag her tail, but nothing is about to happen. 

"I've know you long enough to know when you're not telling me something." Jolene's eyes dim then she looks away from me. I cup her chin and make her look back at me. She is trying to act tough, and I know that look too well. She's really hiding something from me.

"If I am  to protect you, you must tell me what's wrong." Jolene tries to shake her head no, but I stop her before she could speak she cuts me off.

"Jolene... please tell me." She rubs my shoulders then in a flash she puts me on my back. When I look back into her eyes they have become very serious.

"Make a vow to me that you won't tell anyone." Her eyes burn into mine. I nod slowly. Jolene sighs then she straddles me. She looks down at me for a few moments then puts her head in the crook of my neck.

"Hold me." She mutters. I put my arms around her tightly. She sighs and kisses my neck.

"Papa hits Mama. He hits me too sometimes." Fury burns through my body. How dare he put his hands on my mate!? Mine, my mate! I should have known that man did some messed up stuff like this his family! I quickly get Jolene off me. BB is mad and I can't control her right now. The clothes on my body tear off as I change into my wolf. BB growls and paces around the bed. I have no control of her now. Her mate has been abused by her own dad for goddess knows how long!