Chapter Five

> Thirty minutes later... <

"I can't believe he stood you up! Ugh, what a player," I mumble.

Lee and Elle are playing a round of Dance Dance Mania whilst I'm sitting on the ground next to them drinking a slurpee. 

"God! What is wrong with me?" Elle asks.

"Nothing!" I persist.

"Is my butt too big? Am I some sort of freak or something?" Elle rambles, ignoring my answer.

"No!" Lee interrupts, "you're awesome, all right?"

"Yeah," I agree, "Tuppen's just a dick, I don't know why I told you to go out with him."

"Maybe because he's the only guy that's ever asked me out," Elle says.

"Stop it! All right? Tuppen isn't worth it," Lee raises his voice a little, "you're way too good for him."

"Plus, I heard he's got like... three nipples," I add and they look at me weirdly, "just saying."

"Thanks for doing this for me, guys," Elle looks at us.

"Are you kidding me?" I laugh.

"Yeah... We live for this shit," Lee says looking at Elle.

Tuppen enters the arcade and I'm the first one to notice, then Lee does too. I stand and we walk up to him.

"Alrighty. Hit the road," I say crossing my arms.

"Yeah, you had your shot. Keep on moving, bud," Lee continues.

"I need to talk to Elle," Tuppen replies, which makes me narrow my eyes at him.

"Hey- guys, it's okay," Elle states behind us, walking down and putting a hand on my shoulder. Lee lift two fingers up to his eyes and points them to Tuppen meaning, 'I'm watching you.' I laugh and push him away from the other two teenagers. We stand by another game, easily eavesdropping on their conversation.

"So, running a bit late now, are we?" Elle says sarcastically.

"Look. I'm sorry I stood you up. I really did want to go out with you," Tuppen starts, "I just thought you deserve a little bit of an explanation."

I roll my eyes. Player.

"That would be nice," Elle gives in.

"Flynn... told me that it wouldn't be smart if I showed up for our date tonight."

Wait, what?

I look to Lee for any explanation, but he holds the same blank face that I do.

"Noah?" Elle asks, not believing what she's hearing.

"Yeah."

"That literally makes no sense," I whisper to Lee, at the same that Elle says to Tuppen.

"It's true, and it's not just me," Tuppen starts again, "he's been going around telling all the guys not to ask you out, for a while now."

"What?" Elle asks, starting to get a little annoyed... and I don't think at Tuppen.

"Shit," Tuppen sighs.

"There's others?" Elle persists.

"You can't tell him I told you," Tuppen begs... literally.

"Why do you care?!" Elle shouts at him.

"No boobs are worth a broken nose," Tuppen states, as if it was obvious.

"Fine!"

"I gotta go-"