Chapter Nine

Pain.

It racks through the side of my head like a bullet through a brain as I turn under the covers. I feel a body on the top of the covers lying next to me. The door opens but I keep my eyes closed.

"Hey, I brought up breakfast for Blue. Is she feeling any better?" a deep voice asks, placing something on the bedside table.

"Still sleeping. She'll wake up soon," the body next to me replies.

"Okay, I'm having a shower. Elle's still passed out, I'll wake her up when I'm done."

"Okay..."

The door closes and I slowly start to stir around in the bed. The room looks familiar... a little too familiar. It's Lee's room. The pain gets worse as I turn to face the figure, opening my eyes half way. I'm met by a very, very cute face.

"Hey, Blue," Lee says in a morning voice. Sexy...

"Hi, Lee," I reply moving my hands to hold my head.

"Do you know what happened before Noah came into the room last night? Are you okay?" Lee asks, grabbing my head and examining it.

"Um, I don't really remember."

"I remember being pulled away from you and to the pool. Who took you up- Tyler," Lee spits, with venom in Tyler's voice.

He sits up and puts his hands on either side of his head.

"It's fine, Lee. It's done no-"

"No, Blue. It's not fine," Lee starts, "he could have raped you! Killed you! Anything bad could have happened."

"I guess you're right," I sigh, "but I'm okay now. Lee, nothing's going to hurt me anymore."

He turns and half-heartedly smiles at me.

"Okay. You eat some breakfast, I'm going to make an emergency survival kit for Elle," he instructs.

I let out a deep, heart chuckle, "okay."

———————————

> ...Fifteen minutes later... <

I've finished eating my breakfast and Lee's typing away at the computer. The door swings open and a hungover Elle emerges from it.

"Never let me drink again," she says tiredly.

I laugh as she claws over my wrapped up body on the bed. Lee turns around and looks at her sympathetically.

"It's okay," he says, picking up the'kit'  that he made, "I got it covered."

"He made you an emergency survival kit," I explain as he hands the brown paper bag to her.

"Yep. Some granola, sports drinks, some antacids and an epic dose of awkward shame," he laughs as she looks at the contents of the bag.

"Thank you," she giggle, blowing him a drunk-ish kiss.

"Oh and um... really good work last night," he starts.

"What do you mean?" she asks hesitantly.

"You told everybody that Noah and the O.M.Gs will be doing the kissing booth," I say to her.

She rolls her eyes, most likely to herself, then flops down next to me facing the other way.

"Come on!"

———————————

"Listen, it's all about the OMGs," Lee starts as we move in the line for lunch, "we get them to do the booth, everyone else will follow."