Chapter Twelve

"Step right up, ladies and gentlemen!" Lee starts as Elle and I are standing behind the booth, "Come one, come all, behold the power and raw intensity of a kiss from one of our beautiful people!"

As he speaks I walk up next to him and wait for my little speech.

"A ticket and a mint," I say, looking at Nerdy Nicky when I emphasise 'mint', "which we encourage each and every single one of you to use! It's just gonna be five dollars. All sales and epic smooches," I look at Lee, then look back to the crowd, "are final!"

"Yes," Lee agrees, "as you may have noticed, there's a slight twist to this kissing booth."

"That's right, Lee!" I say, looking to him then back at the hoard of people, "the people you will be kissing are blindfolded! First up, for the ladies. The one and only Ollie!"

I point behind me as the crowd cheers for Ollie.

"All right!" Lee exclaims, happy with everyone enthusiasm, "and for the guys, the breathtakingly hot Olivia!"

Hold up... he never said 'breathtakingly hot' in rehearsals. Honestly, this boy!

The cheers of the crowd pulls me out of my thoughts and back into reality. Lee grips my forearm and drags me behind the booth next to Elle.

"Alrighty!" Elle yells, "let's do this thing!"

Customer after customer after customer. Kisser after kisser after kisser. It's been at least an hour and a half and it is now six o'clock. The girls are getting restless and they all want one thing... Noah.

"We are killing it!" Elle screams.

"Yeah!" Lee agrees.

"But, we do have one problem. The girls are asking for Noa-" I start.

"And I have a solution," Lee interrupts.

Great... I know that face. Now I have to go through the pain of watching my die-hard crush kiss girl after girl after girl.

Lee walks up to the stand and puts the blindfold on whilst Elle walk around to the name board.

"Alrighty! As promised," she starts, switching the name to 'Flynn', "the next kisser is Flynn!"

I can see all the girls' faces drop. Come on! Just because he isn't as popular as Noah is... I'd still kiss him.

"Hold on," Emily, the British girl, starts, "that is not Flynn."

"Oh, but it is," I reply, trying to mask my disappointment, "that is Lee Flynn."

Emily makes a sarcastic smile and rips her ticket in two with all the other girls following suit. I look to Mia with a begging face but she just smirks, I mean, what more could you expect from a two face bitch?

"The only reason I ever talked to that dork was to make sure he'd get his brother to come to the booth tonight," Mia states, "let's go."

And with a flip of her hair, Mia and the O.M.G girls strut off to another venue. I look to Elle as Lee slumps his head over the stand. I was just getting my wallet out when I hear a faint, "I guess I'm next."

I flip around, eyeing the ebony haired girl that is walking up from her place in line. She looks incredibly familiar, but I just can't put my finger on who she is. She walks up to Lee and they take their time doing their own little gross thing... TBH, I want to be in her position right now. As the girl steps up onto her toes and connects her lips with Lee, I feel the pang of jealousy hit me right in the chest. It's just a kiss... right? As they break apart, Lee takes the blind fold off and I can literally see his eyes dilating.

"Wow..."

"I hope you like what you see," she says, a sweet husky voice erupting from inside her throat.

Damn... it's over.

Lee smiles down at her and connects their lips again as the crowd cheers. I feel the tears welling up in my eyes and Elle looks at me with a smile. But it soon drops when she sees my face. I quickly turn to her, putting on a fake smile as she sends me a sympathetic smile back.

I drop my smile and push past her saying, "I don't want your pity."

I run around to the back of the booth behind the curtains as I try to hold in the tears. I hear their giggles from where I'm sitting and Elle come lookingfor me through the red velvet drapes.

"Piss off, Elle,"  I snap.

"Look... I know you like Lee and I know it's hard to see him like that but you have to," she says.

"Elle, there's-"

But I stop.

I mean, why should it matter? That chick is probably going to end up being his girlfriend so... what's the point of keeping the secret from her?

"Look," I start, "there's something... there's something I've been keeping from you."

She looks at me suspiciously, "what is it?"

"I-"

"Hey, Elle," Lee interrupts, as he walks over to us- I mean Elle, hand in hand with that girl.

She looks so familiar.

I don't think Lee or the girl can see me because I'm sitting so far into the shadows behind a plant pot.

"So... we're gonna hang out now."

"Oh, but there's another hour left," Elle replies, taking quick glances at me and trying not to make it obvious.

"Okay... Yeah."

I can hear the regret in her voice, but Lee is too lovestruck to notice. Boys... why are they so fricking stupid?!

"Just don't do anything I wouldn't do..." Elle says awkwardly, trying to 'naturally' laugh along with Lee.

"Alright, see you later," Lee says as he walk off.

Elle sighs, "rule number eighteen. Always be happy for your bestie's successes. For me, that one has always been easy to follow."

"Yeah, well," I say walking over to her, "not for me. At least not now."

"You'll get over it Blu-"

"Will I though?" I try to joke... poorly. "Okay, well... I'm gonna go find Tyra."

Then it hits me... I still have to do the dance with Lee.

"Shit..."

"What?"

"I still have to do the dance with Lee..."

"Well... Just call it off- Or say you forgot most of it."

"I can't, we made the dance yesterday..."

"Well... good luck then..."

"Yeah... thanks, Elle."