Chapter Ten

I hop out of the steaming shower and wrap the towel around me.

Shit. I forgot extra clothes.

"Lee?!"

"Yeah?"

"Can I borrow some clothes?"

"Uh..."

"Or you can just get some of Noah's."

"Okay."

As I wait for Lee, I think about what the kiss Lee and I shared that night before the party meant. What it meant to him. I hear a knock at the door and tell the person to 'come in'. Lee opens the door and tries not to look at me, failing miserably when he sees me in the mirror.

"Sorry!" He shouts and I hear a laugh from the other room.

Noah.

"Shut up, Noah!" I yell.

"Uh-uh, I got a shirt and um- some tracksuit pants-"

"Just get out, dork!" I laugh.

"Right, sorry," Lee says and drops the clothes on the floor, closing the door behind him.

I get changed into his clothes, throwing on the same bra and underwear... gross. I walk out of the bathroom and see Lee in Noah's headlock.

"Noah- come on, dude," I say to him.

"Rule number nine, young lady!" he yells back, letting go of Lee and pushing him towards me.

"Assha-"

"Kay, let's go clean my car!"

———————————

It's now 5:30 and the sun is starting to set. I trudge back into the house barefoot and soaking wet, Lee trailing behind me. I hear a deep chuckle behind me and turn to glare at Lee, but then realise that the sound came from Noah.

"It's not funny, Lee got me wet," I complain to him and he smirks when I finish. Ah, geez... I know what's coming.

"Not as wet as I can make you..."

"YOU'RE DISGUSTING!" I wail, charging at him to hit his shoulder.

He laughs and waves my phone in my face, "you got a message from Tyra."

"Thanks," I glare, snatching the phone from his hands.

I unlock my phone as Noah shoves Lee outside and douses him with water. I open messages and click on Tyra's contact.

Hey Blue! Just checking in on if you're ready for the Fall Festival. What songs have you chosen?

- sent 4:37pm.

Sorry for pestering you, I'm just really excited! Have a good day off tomorrow!

- sent 4:38pm.

HOLY CRAP! I completely forgot about the music concert!

"Crap," I mutter, "NOAH!"

"Yeah, Blue?"

"HELP ME PLEASE!"

"OKAY!"

Noah rushes in and sits on the couch, patting the spot next to him. I sit down and start rambling.

Rambling soon turn into panicking, and panicking soon turning into hyperventilating.

"Hey- whoa. Blue, you okay?!" Lee yells, finding me curled up in Noah's arms, lungs burning and taking as many deep breaths I can as tears of pain run down my face.

I attempt to nod and feel the cushion behind me sink as a warm hand rests upon my shaking shoulder. Huh, he's dry. How long have I been sobbing for?

"Noah, what happened? Is she hurt?"

"No, she's panicking about the Fall Fundraiser," Noah replies, letting me go as I begin to rekindle my composure.

"Why? The kissing booth's gonna be great," Lee states, lifting my chin up as I wipe my eyes.

I shake my head, "no, it's not about that. I'm panicking because I agreed to sing at it and I completely forgot!"

"Sing? You? I mean I know you're in music club but... sing? Really?"

"Shut up, Lee. You're not making her feel any better," Noah butts in.

"Sorry, it's just I've never heard you sing befor-"

"Trust me, Lee. I'm not that good."

"Blue, stop talking down to yourself like that," Noah says, stroking my now tangled and dry hair, "you're awesome. They should be paying you to sing at that fundraiser."

I chuckle, "I don't even know what songs I'm going to sing. Tyra's asked for two."

"I'll help you," Lee says, gently tapping me on the nose, "you can stay over and we'll work out some songs tonight."

My slight frown twitches into somewhat of a grin as I begin to nod, "okay. I'll let dad know."

"Cool. I gotta go but, uh- you guys have fun," Noah says, winking at me.

I whack him on the arm and watch him leave, hearing the engine of his motorbike roar to life and fade out as he rides away. The awkwardness between Lee and I suddenly takes it's toll and we sit for a while until he embraces me in a hug and I snuggle into his warm chest.

"You already have a beautiful voice when you speak, I'm betting it's only gonna get better-"

Please say 'when you're screaming my name'. Please say 'when you're screaming my name'.

"When you're singing," he concludes.

Yeah... I guess I got my hopes up for that one. Unfortunately for me, just thinking about him saying that make the heat rise up from my neck on onto my cheeks. Lee chuckles as I only just realise I'm blushing.

"Don't say ANYTHING!" I shout, though it is very hard to keep a straight face. So, I stand and stomp up the stairs, trying to maintain my 'fuming' state yelling, "Lee, up here now!"

He laughs and jogs up after me to the second floor. He finds me sitting on his bed looking at a full photo of both of our families that I found in the drawer in his bedside table. He sits down next to me, placing his right hand on the other side of the frame and using his left to hold himself up.

"We have a pretty good family, don't you think?" I ask Lee, as I run my thumb over the part of Lee, Elle, Noah and I all standing together.

"We do."

He slowly lowers the picture to rest on the bed covers in front of us and takes my hand, leading me outside to the balcony.

The sun is setting into a stone like the love I have for you. And now the stars will come out to play.

At this moment, I just wanted to throw myself onto Lee and tell him how much I loved him. But all that came out of my godforsaken mouth was,

"Let's make a dance."