Chapter Eighteen

SCHOOL..................... that's- that's it.

7:30am. My alarm goes off and I wake up WITHOUT falling off my bed. Third day in a row, a new record.

Ding!

A notification causes my phone to vibrate on my bedside table, signalling I've gotten a text from someone.

Unknown Number:

Hey Blue. Seeing as you sang so well and the fundraiser, we have a proposition for you... Meet us in the Student Council Hall at 8:15am, don't be late.

Someone likes my singing? And actually texted me about it? And may be giving me a 'job' for it? This is crazy. Wait...

I check my phone again to see who it's from... unknown.

This could be a trap. Someone could try and kill me. Where's Audrey Jensen when you need her? I'm going to die. Like in Scream.

Okay... I should really calm down. I made the stupid mistake of staying up all night binge watching Scream, but I mean, Bex Taylor-Klaus am I right?

I get up and start getting dressed for school, contemplating if I should text Noah to give me a ride  to school or not... After five minutes just standing there half naked, I finally give into my thoughts and text Noah.

Blue:

Hey Noah, can you drop me off at school today? Apparently I have a meeting to get to at 8:15 and I can't be late otherwise I feel as if someone will try to kill me 😂.

I get the rest of my clothes on as I wait for Noah's reply.

Ding!

Noah:

Hey Raptor, have you been binge watching Scream again? Of course I'll come get you, I'll be there in 10.

YASSSSS! No dying today!

...I'm so weird...

----------------------------------------

I hear the sound of a motorcycle pulling up outside my house and I know it's Noah. Rushing downstairs, I grab one of Brad's waffles from the toaster whilst he's not looking and shove it in my mouth, slipping my bag over my shoulders and waving 'bye' to Dad.

I sneak up the driveway through the bushes on the side, hoping to scare Noah when he's on his phone... but what I see is something completely different. I turn my head back to look at the house, then back to look at Noah. He's watching Elle get dressed through the window.

I run out of my hiding spot and jump on the back of the motorbike.

"You perv!" I laugh, "stop perving on my sister!"

He turns back at me, shocked. But then remembers what we were talking about that night at Venice Beach.

He chuckles and rolls his eyes, throwing the spare helmet over his shoulder and waiting for me to put it on.

"Hold on, Raptor," he chuckles, "this is going to be a fast ride... yet again, you should be used to it by now."

I laugh as he drives off, out of the suburbs and in the direction of school.

"So, what is this meeting about anyway?" he yells over the wind blowing past us.

"I don't know actually. Someone just messaged me this morning saying that they want to meet with me to give a 'job' for my singing," I yell back.

"You know..."

"What?"

"That sentence sounds really wrong if you don't have context of what type of 'job' it is!"

My mouth drops as I finally catch onto his dirty minded comment, "Noah! You're disgusting!"

He just laughs and turns into the street where the school is.

"What's really funny about right now...  Is that I legit feel like Owen Grady riding his motorbike with the raptors in Jurassic World," Noah admits.

I narrow my eyes at him and laugh as he parks the bike.

"You watched Jurassic World last night didn't you?" I pester, taking my helmet off.

"Maybe..." he giggles.

I jump off the bike and make my way to the Student Council room, "you really gotta stop with the giggling, you're creeping me out."

"Good luck, Blue!"

"Thanks, Asshole!"

[UNEDITED]