Chapter Twenty-Three

So, the next couple of weeks were pretty hard on Elle... on everyone in fact. Lee was falling in and out of balance with Rachel, but I assured him that it'll be okay and will work out in the end. I hardly ever saw Noah but he sent me a message a couple of days ago saying he wanted to speak to me about something. Don't know what though.

I've been hanging out with Tyra more lately. Remember, Rachel's older sister? She's been helping me with my song choices for my performance at prom. Because she can play piano, we'd just sit in the music room together at lunchtimes and practice with her accompanying me.

Lee was ignoring Elle in a similar way when he ignored me, but I know he has a good reason. Elle was learning to drive, that's how she remembered rule number 7.

Rule No. 7: No matter how mad you are at your best friend, you have to forgive them if they give you ice cream.

She actually got Lee chocolate this time, not Salted Caramel. But still, Lee wasn't exactly ready.

Another week or so and Elle had just gone out to Santa Monica Pier. I sorta tricked her and Lee into thinking I'd meet them there without either of them knowing the other was coming, so they can see each other and make up like best friends should. Dad's outside cleaning his car whilst Brad is downstairs with me as I help him with his math.

"Hey, Mr. Evans," a deep voice says from outside.

Noah.

"Where have you been, Noah?" Dad replies.

"I had to get away and think," he starts, "I'm um- I'm on my way home now."

"Good," Dad says, "listen, Elle's not here."

"I'm actually here to talk to you and, if it's okay, Blue as well," Noah replies.

Their conversation carries on until I hear the front door open.

"Blue?"

I stand and let Brad got up to his room.

"Hey, Noah... uh, long time no see?" I say awkwardly, shoving my hands into my pockets.

"Yeah..." he replies, "look, Blue I'm so sor-"

I run up and hug him before my tears overflow, finally running back into my big brother's arms and breathing in the scent of his cologne that I've missed dearly.

"I know."

After five minutes of catching up on the couch, opening a packet of chips and dip and turning on the TV to the Nickelodeon network, Noah finally asks me the question that I knew was bottled up inside him.

"I need to get Elle back... help me?" he pleads.

I roll my eyes and laugh, "of course!"

One hour of careful planning later and I get a text from Elle that Lee's dropping her home in ten minutes. Better get Noah outta here.

"Elle's coming back with Lee in ten, you gotta go!" I panic.

"Okay, but did you get the plan?" he pauses.

"Of course! Now go!"

He snatches his denim jacket from the chair and rushes out the door, "love you, Baby Blue!"

"Love you too!"

-----------------------------------------

Elle and I have been running around like crazy this morning, trying to get ready for her prom. I can't exactly call it my prom yet...

Finally, we're both ready.

Dad's phone is really low quality but this is a photo of Elle in her strapless coral coloured dress

I, on the other hand, was sporting a black and red, one-shoulder ombre dress. Wearing minimal make up... just foundation, mascara, nude lipstick and concealer.

• dress photo omitted •

(A/N ~ update 1/1/2021 ~ i've been getting a lot of comments saying they don't like the dress lmao, i was 12/13 and had no fooking sense of style. choose/imagine your own dress and be comfortable in your own skin x)

But this was Elle's night, and hopefully I can make it ten times brighter. If not then I'll comfort her until day's end. Because that's what sisters are supposed to do.

I'm standing next to Dad and Brad, telling them not to make a big deal out of me but to make one out of Elle. As she walks down the stairs, I record on Dad's crappy phone and Brad lets out a, 'Holy sh-'. Luckily Dad covers Brad's mouth before he can say anymore.

"I know right?!" Elle squeals, doing a twirl.

Tears well up in Dad's eyes and he looks down whilst sniffling.

"Dad, are you..." Elle starts, "come here!"

She captures him in a hug whilst Brad and I watch from behind them, smiling. Dad pulls away and holds Elle at arms length.

"You have fun tonight okay, Ellie-Bear?" he smiles, "that goes for you too Bluey."

"Okay."

"Okay, Dad! Well, come on, let's go Elle. Your limo will be here any minute!"

We rush out the door saying goodbye to the to boys we are leaving behind and walk to the top of the driveway. There, in all it's glory, was a shiny black limo here to pick Elle up. Lee opens the window and tells Elle to get inside.

"Come on, Blue," she says, grabbing my arm.

"Oh no that's okay, Elle," I smile, "the limo's for juniors only. Tyra's coming to pick me up."

"Are you sure?" she persists.

"Positive," I laugh, "meet you guys there."

She hops into the limo and it drives off, and not even two minutes later, Lee's blue Mustang drives down the street with none other than Noah Flynn driving it.

Long story short, Noah and I had asked Tyra if I could use her as a diversion so that Noah and I can get to the prom without Noah getting caught.

I open the door and get in, laughing as Noah drives off.

"Let's do this!"

[UNEDITED]