Chapter Nineteen

I push open the doors to the Council Room and I am met with the whole Student Council themselves.

Well duh, Blue! The random number asked you to go to the Student Council Hall, who else would it be?!

"Blue Evans!" Mia rejoices from her chair, "so you got my message."

Mia... why did it have to be Mia?

"Uh... yeah," I reply hesitantly, "so what did you need to speak to me about."

"Take a seat."

So... I take a seat.

"What now?" I ask, bluntly and awkwardly.

"So," Mia starts, "we saw your performance at the fall fundraiser and wanted to offer you a very generous chance."

"Because we're just so nice," Olivia butts in with her fakery.

"Okay..."

"We want you to sing at the Junior Prom this year!"

My jaw drops in shock.

Me? Sing at prom? A prom that I'm not supposed to go to until next year? That is, unless someone asks me out this year... I doubt it. I'm getting sidetracked.

"What?"

"Yeah, we have another band coming too but you can sing your own songs and stuff," Gwyneth adds.

"Oh. Okay... Uh, yea- Yeah. Sure! Yeah, I'll do it!"

I stumble over my words at the thought of me singing at THE Junior Prom... and it's not even my Junior Prom! It's my sister's... and Lee's.

"Great!"

The whole council claps and applauds.

"It doesn't matter how many songs you do, we're just dying to to hear you sing again!" Olivia exclaims with her fakery once again.

"You sounded so pretty!" Ciara or who students call 'Headgear Girl' drools, "oops."

"Thank you, guys. Really. I really appreciate it," I say in gratitude, "uh, I guess I'll keep you guys posted in the lead up."

"Thanks, Blue!" they all yell.

"Thanks, guys. Bye!"

As soon as I walk out, I close the doors behind me and fall back against them, letting out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"Shit..."

-------------------------------------------

"Hey, this is great. I really needed this," Elle pants as she jumps up and down, dancing with Lee on Dance Dance Mania.

Me? Well I'm sitting on the floor next to them drinking a slurpee, as per usual. Talk about being a mood.

"Yeah, we really haven't been hanging out much. Right?" Lee replies.

I find it's the perfect time to butt in, saying, "at least not together as a triple but, you know."

"Yeah," Lee agrees, "and you've been acting really weird recently."

"No offence, Elle," I say, throwing a wink at her.

She looks at me worriedly.

"Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait," Lee slurs at her as he stops dancing, "is this because you don't have a date to prom? Because if that's it, you can come with Rachel and I."

"It does sound like a good idea, Elle," I say, "if that is the case, I mean."

"Um..." Elle trails off, somewhat deep in thought.

I spot Rachel coming in through the entrance and wave her over as Elle tries to find her words. She starts jogging over to me with a smile on her face, which I gladly return. I came to find... that Rachel is not actually that bad. But she can still, internally piss me off without knowing it.

"Lee ther- there is something I wanted to tell you..." Elle starts, making me draw my attention back to their conversation, "it's re-"

"Hey guys!" Rachel yells out, half jumping on Lee's back.

You've got to be fucking kidding. Why?! Why does she have to fucking ruin it! This was the part where Elle would say, "I've been in love with Noah since the night he saved me from Warren! I think he's in love with me too!"

 Lee turns around as Rachel gets off his back, giving her a kiss on the cheek saying, "hey, you made it!"

"Sorry, traffic was crazy," Rachel replies with her perfect, husky voice.

It's in moments like these, where I fall back into the feeling of still being in love with Lee. Getting pissed off at anyone who tries to go near him, in this case Rachel. And I know she's really nice, but I just can't shake my anger.

I fall back into the feeling of not being good enough for him. I don't care what I look like or who I am to anyone else because I'm happy with the way I am. It's just the fact that I'm not the one that Lee thinks he needs. And I'd do anything to be that. Because I love him.

"Hey," Elle says sweetly.

Rachel replies with an equally kind, "hey."

Lee then turns to ask Rachel, "so, it's okay if Elle come to prom with us, right?"

"Absolutely, the more the merrier," Rachel smiles.

"See," Lee agrees.

After finishing my slurpee, I stand up to put it in the bin.

"So, Elle," I start as I walk back, "what was it you were saying?"

I give her a pointed look as Rachel and Lee turn back to look at Elle.

"Oh, nothing," Elle recovers, "it was about prom... so..."

"Well, then," I add with a toothy smile, obviously seeing Elle's comfort levels dropping, "another thing about prom... the student council asked me to sing at it this year because of how well I did at the Fall Fundraiser."

The three of them erupt in cheers.

"Yeah, Tyra was telling me how the student council loved your performance the other night! You were really good," Rachel applauds.

"That's awesome, Blue!" Elle says giving me a hug and whispering, "thank you."

"I'm really happy for you, Blue," Lee says, with a warm smile.

"Thanks guys, I can't wait!" I exclaim, "well... now that that's over and done with."

"Okay, off! Our turns!" Rachel laughs, pushing Lee and Elle off the dance boards so she and I could dance.

"Bully!" Lee yells out.

She isn't too bad... she isn't too bad.

[UNEDITED]