Chapter Thirteen

CHAPTER SONG || "SWIMMING IN STARS" - THE WAYFAYERS

I regret this... I just want to go home and gorge myself on ice-cream, binge watch Tom Holland movies, cry listening to 'Amnesia' and 'Ghost of You' by 5SOS and be depressed. You know... Like a normal teenager would do.

BUT NO! I'm here waiting for the act before me to finish so I can go on stage. Tyra walks up beside me and pulls me into a one armed hug.

"You syked?!"

"Uh, I guess?"

"It's great my sister's finally found a man in her life!"

Wait, she has a sister?

"I'm sorry, I don't think I follow..."

"That girl over there standing with your friend Lee. That's my sister, Rachel," Tyra explains.

So that's why she looked so familiar. Well, shit.

I can hear the song begin it's end and I start to panic.

"Yo, yo, yo. Blue, calm down. Turn nerves into excitement. They'll love you," Tyra assures me.

"Yeah, okay," I mumble, breathlessly.

Tyra struts onto the stage and congratulates the band that was just on. Then she beings to introduce me and my act.

"Now, the next performer is very new to singing in front of people- other than me over course. She has a beautiful voice and I know you're gonna love her just as much as I know you are. So please, give a warm welcome to Blue Evans."

As I walk onto the stage, awkwardly may I add, I hear the incoherent whispers of the crowd. Great, they hate me already. Don't be awkward, don't be awkward. Oh god, here we go.

"Uh....hi everyone? I'm Blue," I say, innocently and absentmindedly wiggling my arms by my sides, "um..."

I look to Tyra for any way out of this. She just motions for me to breath.

"Okay... um..." I continue, "I'll be- uh, singing two songs. Um... so my first song is Swimming In Stars by the Wayfarers."

*START THE SONG NOW IF YOU WANT*

I look back at Tyra to get her to put the music on and she does, with a big smile plastered on her face.

I still remain stiff as the music starts looking at Lee, who's giving me a thumbs up. I take a deep breath then let the lyrics flow freely out of my mouth.

Turn your speakers loud
Feel the energy like lightning
Coming through the clouds
And your heart just might explode
Woah oh oh oh oh

I look around and see more people are coming to watch and it makes me feel a little more confident.

Come on scream it out
Let him hear you
Let him see you
Yeah you see them now
And it's pulsing through your bones
Woah oh oh oh oh

Lee smiles at me and I literally feel heat pulsing through my bones, up my neck and onto my cheeks.

We'll be swimming in stars
As I sing, I start to flow with the music as it becomes faster.
We'll shoot for the moon
So what if we miss?
We'll light the dark

You know what? FUCK IT! And I lose myself in the music, bouncing around to the beat as I go and get the crowd jumping too.

And be swimming in stars
Oh oh oh
Swimming in stars
Oh oh oh
Swimming in stars
We'll be swimming in stars

This isn't actually so bad.

We'll be swimming in stars
Ohhh yeah
We are wild at heart
We are wild and we know
That it's time to start
Light a spark and here we go
Woah oh oh oh oh

I see that literally half of the whole fair is watching me and dancing along. The other half looks to be at the Kissing Booth. Well, what I can see from where I'm standing on stage. A guy in a black leather jacket with longish brown hair walks up to the stand, then suddenly jolts out of my line of sight.

We'll be swimming in stars

Another, short, blindfolded girl walks up around the stand and begins ranting on about something.

We'll shoot for the moon
So what if we miss?
We'll light the dark

I keep bouncing along to the music as I sing, but in the back of my mind I'm trying to figure out who's at the kissing booth...

And be swimming in stars
Oh oh oh
Swimming in stars
Oh oh oh
Swimming in stars
we'll be swimming in stars

As I look back I see the to people sharing a cute kiss then breaking apart. Then I finally connect the dots. Longish brown hair, black leather jacket and incredibly tall... THAT'S NOAH. The girl finally takes her blindfold off an- HOLY FUCK. IT'S ELLE. I'm happy don't get me wrong but Lee's going to KILL her.

(We'll be swimming in stars)
(Swimming in stars)
We'll reach for the moon
so what if we miss?
We'll light the dark
And be swimming in stars

Happiness fills me as Noah and Elle go back to lock lips again, in a full make out sesh by the way, and I belt out the last bit of the song.

Oh oh oh
Swimming in stars
Oh oh oh
(Light up the dark)
Swimming in stars
And be swimming in stars
Oh oh oh
Swimming in stars
Oh oh oh
Swimming in stars
We'll be swimming in stars

The crowd cheers and I see the rest of the people, who were previously at the Kissing Booth, join them.

Well, shit. Now I've got the whole fucking school looking at me.