(1)

"Where have you been?!" My step-mother shouts loudly. She's always so melodramatic. "You have been gone for almost an entire week Elizabeth!" I close the door behind me.

   "Well, I'm here now." I shrug and start heading up towards my room. "Look, I know you don't really give a shit so just go out and avoid me, like you always do." I walk past her but she grabs my arm.

   "You are in my house young lady, and I will not be disrespected in my goddamn house!" The she-devil shouts in my face.

   "This isn't even your house, it's Dad's! But you could care less because you get whatever the fuck you want! Isn't that right Amber?! All you care about is getting in my Dad's pants to get into his wallet!" I shout back.

  "Watch your fucking tone with me little girl!" Amber raises her hand to my face leaving it read and burning. "You are in my house, whether it's because I'm dating your father or not, you will respect me as long as you live here." She spits in my face.

   "Then I guess, I'm not living here anymore." I respond yanking my arm from her claws. "And you know what, I'm fucking tired of your bullshit! I'm tired of having to cover for you every time I catch you with one of your 'customers', like hell their customers. You're a fucking slut, not a personal therapist!" I run up the stairs and into my shared room beginning to pack all of my things.

    "Then I guess you're just going to leave your sisters and your brothers here, huh? You really don't give a shit you know that?" Amber calls after me as she walks up the stairs and into my doorway.

   "Get away from me Amber." I warn her, feeling her presence is enough to set me off. "I don't feel like hitting a bitch today." I lie throwing all of my clothes into my bag.

   "Oh really? You don't feel like hitting me, even after I do this?" Amber pokes me in the back with her knife-like nails. "Or this?" She ask walking over to my dresser and grabbing my mother's necklace.

  "Don't you dare." I warn watching her intently. "Don't test me Amber." I warn her again, something I only do when I'm really at my limit.

   "Or what, you gonna tell your Dad on me? He's at work for the next couple of days. Looking for you and your dumbass siblings." Amber retorts with a fake laugh, one that she practices often. "now sit the fuck down, bitch." She says touching the necklace charm.

  "Or what?" I ask quickly jabbing her in the stomach and taking the necklace from her hands. I pull it away from her and slap her straight across the face. "You gonna tell my Dad on me? Tell him that I hurt you so bad you couldn't breathe?" I ask pulling on her blonde hair almost ripping it from her scalp. "You wouldn't be lying to him." I smile and kick her in the back throwing her on the ground. "I'm done with your shit, Amber." I smirk at how much I hurt her before I realize what I did.

  Grabbing my large duffle bag I quickly make my way out of the room and down the stairs grabbing my things on the way down and into the front yard. I wrap the necklace around my hand and continue walking down the sidewalk until I reach familiar light blue and white house. I knock on the front door and see Travis open the door, first looking at me and then the bag. He moves aside and lets me in.

   "What happened this time?" He asks sitting beside me on the couch.

   "She threatened to break my mother's necklace, the one she gave me." I say holding up the silver chain with it's anchor charm swaying gently.

   "She did huh?" Travis clenches his jaw and I can see him shift uncomfortably.

   "Don't get your panties in a twist Snowflake. I handled it, she's most likely struggling to breathe on the stairs by now." I say putting the necklace on and setting my bag down on the floor as Katie walks into the room with a towel on her head and looking rather comfortable.