(30)

"That's lovely." I say in the softest voice I can before turning away from her and staring at the table with such a stare it would melt a hole in it.

   "Isn't it?" Queen Lilith asked. "We'll have the wedding here of course and it will be a large celebration to which you are all invited. We are going to have a large and beautiful wedding cake with white banners and little gift bags that everyone will get before leaving." Queen Lilith smiles.

   "S-sounds, magnificent." Alice says with a nervous stutter.

   "Oh, and Alice, would you be so ever generous enough to, perhaps, make the wedding gown?" Queen Lilith asked making Alice nearly drop her teacup if Leo didn't catch it and place it on the saucer in front of her.

   She plasters a fake smile on her face and nods. "I'd...l-love to." Alice nods looking away from Lilith.

   "Mother," Adam speaks up. "why wasn't I informed of this news?" Adam asked.

   "Because you would have said something meaningless to get out of it." King Charles says sipping his tea. "You need to start thinking of the pack Adam, this is the best thing for it considering your brother is bedridden and you are the only suitable heir to the throne." King Charles says. He sends me a nasty glare.

   "What's going on?" All heads turned to the little girl entering the room. Madeline looked around the room before her eyes landed on me.

   "Nothing you need to worry about darling." King Charles says. His eyes glazed holding a small amount of light.

   "I didn't know Sky was here. Why didn't anyone tell me she was visiting?" Madeline asked ignoring her father.

   "Because-"

   "How about we go catch up on some reading Madeline." I stand up and walk out of the room not glancing at anyone as we walk out to the library.

   When we've walked a good ways away from the dining hall Madeline looks up at me with a curious glance.

   "Why are you sad?" Madeline asked.

   "It's nothing, Maddy. Just something I thought made me sad." I smile and she just pouts and nods.

   "Okay." She nods.

   I walk with her to the library where we talked about a few things and played in her secret room when I feel a zap in my thumb. Quickly I open up the cameras I have logged to update me when something happens to Corey.

   "What is it?" Madeline asked.

  "I don't know, give me a second." I say opening the green screen to see the head nurses face. "What is the report Dr. Lora?" I asked watching her.

   "The patient has woken up Luna. He is in stable condition and his vitals are all stable as well. His wounds have healed greatly and he is partially able to walk with some assistance until his legs are fully healed." She reports.

   "Corey's okay?!" Madeline asked in a shout.

   "That's great news. I will be over in moments to take him home. Please keep him in bed until I arrive. Thank you Dr. Lora." I smile and she nods.

   "Of course. I will be looking over him further until you arrive." I close the call and stand to my feet.

   "Come on Madeline. I'll let you ride along with me and we can go get Corey together." I smile and we run all the way down to the garage.

   "We can take Adam's car. He barely uses it but I know where he keeps the keys." Madeline says grabbing a pair of keys off the hook and running over to a red Mercedes-Benz AMG GT.