(25)

"You know your parents don't like me, right?" I asked into the small silence.

   "My mom seems to like you." Adam says softly.

   "But your Dad doesn't. What will he think when you tell him about us?" I looked down at the floor afraid to look at his face.

   "I think-" Adam is cut short.

   "Prince Adam!" A girl shouts. I separate myself from Adam as we look over to a girl walking out of the thin curtains that blocked us off from everyone else. "Adam honey! Where have you been?" She grabs his arm roughly.

   "I was-"

   "Nevermind about that. I wanted you to meet my parents, I want them to see that I actually have a guy in mind." She smirks.

   I freeze in place as I watch Adam look to the ground. "Actually Raven, I was talking with-"

   "Oh my, I didn't even see you there." Raven links her arm with Adam's. "Are you a friend of Adam's?" She asked. She doesn't remember me at all.

   Have I changed that much? Or is she just playing dumb? Either way I can't let her get to me again.

   I put on a fake smile. "Actually, I'm just an acquaintance. I'm the pack leader of Sofendi, and we were just talking business." I wave it off. "I'll see you later, Prince Adam." I bow politely and walk away from him and Raven.

   I ignore him calling my name and walk further into the crowd. Eventually I stop hearing him along with Raven's annoying voice. I walk over to the sweets and pick up a straw and a paper towel standing beside the chocolate fountain.

   I use the straw to draw on the paper towel with the chocolate until I feel someone tap my shoulder. I turn around seeing Cadence.

   "Oh, hey." I greet numbly. "Where's Carlos?" I asked looking around.

   "Oh he's talking with some important looking people. I just wanted to talk to you, are you alright?" Cadence asked.

   "Perfectly fine." I lie continuing to draw on the napkin.

   "Is that the prince?" Cadence asked looking at the napkin. "It looks really cool."

   "Yeah, I used to do portraits for families on their wedding day so I know how to proportion everything." I shrug it off and put the thin straw down. "You said you wanted to talk?" I turned away from my portrait and towards Cadence.

   "Yeah, your twin said something about the Queen being our queen now. What did she mean by that?" Cadence leaned against the staircase behind her.

   "She meant that you're the Queen." I explain. "Carlos didn't tell you?" She shook her head. "Carlos is the heir to the Sofendi throne. I was holding his place because it was tradition for the King or Queen to have a zing before they took complete control of the territory. That's why he went searching, our kingdom is in ruins because of our father. You're our Luna." I explain everything and she looks as pale as snow.

   "What's this?" I hear his voice behind me as I turn around. Adam picks up my portrait of him and smiles. "Is this supposed to be me?" He looked up at me.

   "Oh my." Cadence stands behind me bowing her head lightly.

   "Supposed to be a pig." I mumble under my breathe.

   Cadence tenses up beside me watching Adam. Adam just chuckles placing the napkin down gently. She looks scared as Adam leans closer.

   "I was going to tell you-" Adam starts.