(28)

"Right." Leo clings his stomach. "Yeah I think I got it." Leo takes in a deep breath and they all turn around to face Adam who hasn't moved an inch, and they give their final thoughts.

   "So, we have come to a final decision." Carlos stands directly in front of me staring down at Adam who's sitting down on the single couch. "You've passed the test, and have our permission to date our sister. On one condition, if she ever comes to any harm, you are held accountable." Carlos watches as Adam nods.

   "Thank you." He nods and smiles trying not to seem too happy.

   "That's enough scaring him, you've already met him before. There was no need to do that." I speak up from behind Carlos.

   "Well, we met him as the prince of Lequah, not the zing of our sister." Carlos explains and I let out a long sigh.

   "I'm sorry John, now I know how you feel." I apologize from inside my family barricade.

   "I accept the apology, but more importantly; does the Queen know of this?" Everyone went to go sit down.

   "No, you guys are the only ones who know." Adam says calmly. "We haven't told any of my family, we want to, eventually. But right now isn't the time."

   I sit on the arm of the couch where Adam is sitting and look around the room. "Honestly, I didn't expect the contract to go through, especially since our last encounter with the Lequah pack wasn't so good."

   "That's why everyone was so surprised when you agreed to the contract." Leo leans on the wall watching the room. "We thought you didn't want anything to do with the Lequah pack. And with your, thing, it would have been easier if we stayed away. Now we have to search, take care of Dad, Corey's still passed out in the infirmary, and we are starting T1.23 way earlier than we anticipated. Things are going pretty fast in terms of packs." Leo crosses his arms over his chest.

   "We still don't know what T1.23 is exactly." Jaime points out.

   "T1.23," Blake starts. "is a project where we plan on rebuilding our entire territory. All of the buildings have become rundown and some are even falling apart. It's not the best living quarters so we've been trying to rebuild some of the territory but with all of these rogue attacks and the part where Skylar has been close to dying, really doesn't help." Blake glares at me.

   "So it's pretty much a plan to rebuild your territory." Jaime sums up and we all nod.

  "Yes but we haven't been able to, and the people in our pack have been trying to help out but it's horrible." Alice explains. "I mean there are some homes with more than 10 people in a three bedroom apartment." Alice explains.

   "Well, we can help as much as we can. I know we don't have powerful magic, or know the situation well, but we'll help as much as we can." John leans forward looking over to Carlos.

   "And we thank you for that, but we still have a long ways to go. We can hold off on the rebuilding until Corey is fully healed. We haven't heard any bad news, and his body is stable. He should be perfectly fine in a few months. Until then we can begin cleaning up the place and figure out how we're going to set up this pathway connecting the two territories." Carlos leans on his knees with Cadence beside him. "But, of course this is all up to the acting Alpha." Carlos turns to me.

   "What?" I question. "Carlos, you are the acting Alpha. I was only filling in for you." I try to explain.

   "Skylar, until we have a proper coronation and get this place rebuilt, you are the acting Alpha. It should only be a few more months, I know you don't want to do this but to be in this family means to take care of it's pack." Carlos stares into my violet eyes.