(12)

After coming back from dinner Adam takes me back into the house and we sit on the couch watching the fire burn in it's brick frame. We ask each other questions and we talk about old adventures.

   "So what are you going to tell everyone else?" I asked with a sad expression clear on my face.

   "I'm going to tell them that I lost you and I wasn't able to catch up with you when you ran. I'll stay in the castle during the day and at night, if you want me to, I'll come here." Adam places his hand over mine making me turn a shade of pink.

   "I see, but they'll eventually find my scent. It's inevitable." I point out leaning against his shoulder. "They need me right now Adam and I can't go to them without feeling stressed out. I can't even help my twin when she needs me the most." I feel a lump building in my throat. 

   "Skylar..." Adam whispers my name so softly, as if it were a secret.

   "Adam, what should I do?" I look up at his green eyes feeling the tears brim my eyes. "Am I a good Luna?" I asked these questions hoping for answers but all he did was hold me closer.

   "I can't answer any of your questions, but I can give you some advice. From one heir to another, just focus on you for a moment, then worry about everyone else. If you try to lead them like this, you'll end up hurting someone." Adam strokes my long black hair and I can tell he's worried about me. "Just relax for now then when the time is right you can talk to them, but just stay low for a while." Adam kisses my head as a tear falls down my cheeks.

   "I'm sorry." I whisper. "I'm sorry your mate is such an idiot. She can't even lead her own pack." I whimper and cry as he holds me closer.

    "You're not an idiot. You're beautiful, smart, cunning, and you can do anything if you try. Just stay strong, if not for you, do it for me. Be strong for me, okay?" Adam looks down at me, his green eyes seem to look right through the wall of ice surrounding my heart.

   I nod and look down, wanting him to hold me again. "You don't have to be so nice you know." I whisper. "I'm not someone you should be nice to."

   "But I love you." Adam admits. I look up at him with a red face as his slowly grows redder until he starts to stutter. "I-I m-mean we a-are supposed t-to be m-mates so we should l-l-love each other. I'm s-sorry I'm being really weird."

   I start to giggle, watching him stutter really made me smile. He just seemed like he always had everything together and was always so confident, never really the stutter type. I glance up at him to see him starstruck sitting in a criss cross position with his hands in between his legs as he blushes looking directly at me.

   "Sorry, I just never thought of you as the flustered type." I wipe away the stray tears and look up at him with a smile. "I didn't mean to offend you if I did." Before I can look back up at him Adam pulls me into a tight embrace.

   His strong arms snake around my waist letting me sit on his lap as he pulls me into his chest. My legs wrap around his waist and I smile as his wonderful scent fills my senses.

   "Only you could make me flustered." Adam lifts up my chin and stares at me with his mystified eyes. "And by the blush on your face, I must make you quite flustered as well." He makes me smile.

   "Well you are one of the only guys that have ever been this close to me this fast." I admit and he freezes.

   "Who was the other guy?" Adam asked quickly.

   "Does it matter?" I asked with a smirk watching his face tense up as he bit his lower lip. "You are so jealous it shows." I kiss his nose and feel my face begin to burn. "It was my best friend, a guy who practically raised me and has no sexual desire with me at all, Travis." I explain.

   "That was the first time you ever kissed me." Adam smirks. "Can I have another one? Maybe on my lips this time?" Adam's smirk makes me giggle as I lean closer.

   "Depends, what do I get in return?" I look at his awe-struck jewels as he leans closer.

   "You get to kiss a prince." Adam smiles a genuine smile as he leans closer, before we can share this moment the doorbell rings shocking both of us. "Go upstairs take two rights then hide in the bedroom down the hall." Adam says quickly helping me off of him.

   I quickly follow his instructions and make sure to grab my bag throwing a small smoke bomb to cover my scent. I make two rights and run down the hall to the only door swinging the door open and slowly shut the door as to not make a sound.

*Adam's P.O.V*

   I get up and grab my dust covered suit jacket from the coat hanger slipping it on as I open the door to see Lanie standing there with Alex, John and Jaime behind her.

   "What's up? Did you find her?" I asked faking the worried expression.

   "Cut the shit Adam we know she's here." Lanie steps inside and heads for the stairs.

   "Stop." I say this in the most commanding voice that I can. "No one is here but me, now please leave. She isn't here, she never was." I order them to leave but none of them move.

   "I can smell her Adam." Lanie's voice is cold. "I know the princess is here and her pack needs her right now. You can't keep her here for your own desires." Lanie looks back at me her face is stained with tears and her body is shaking.

   "I'm not keeping her here, because she isn't here. I lost her when I went to find her after the smoke. I managed to follow her to the end of the western territory but I lost her scent so I came here to sulk in peace." I recite the lines I made up.

   "Adam, if she is here she has to know about her pack." Jaime explains catching my attention.

   "Know what?" I don't fake the worry and grip the jacket in my hands. "What happened?"

   "Adam, her pack is being attacked as we speak. Rogues are attempting to take over the land now that they have word of Skylar's absence." John puts a hand on my shoulder and I flinch.

   I don't bother to tell her where she is, I lead them there as I run up the stairs and into her bedroom where she is staring into a locket. "Skylar, your pack is under attack." I say quickly.

   "By who?" Skylar ignores the presence of the others and stares at me with a betrayed look in her eyes.

   "Rouges, I just got word and came to inform you." I try to tell her I didn't want them to find her, but she doesn't seem to respond. "What should we do?" Her purple eyes look back at the locket before shooting up at me.

   "We do nothing." She ties the locket around her neck and grabs her bag. "I'm going to help them without letting them know I'm there." She explains.

   She reaches into her bag and pulls out a black leather jacket with a clothed hood. She slips that on and grabs a black bandana tying it around her neck before pulling it over her nose and slipping the hood over her flowing hair. Even hidden she looked beautiful.

   "Let us help you." I follow her out of the room with the others trailing behind us.

   "No way, you have your own kingdom to run, besides I should find a place to stay for the night anyways. Considering you lied to me about no one else knowing that I was here, and that you wouldn't give away my location to anyone." Her violet eyes shift over to the others and I can feel them shrink behind me. "Goodbye Adam." It pains me to hear my name said with such poison but I suffer through it as she leaves the house.

   The door slams shut and we are all left in silence. I let out a frustrated sigh and try not to get mad at the people behind me, I know they were just trying to help.

   "Adam, I'm sorry." Lanie's whisper is muffled by the crashing sounds in my head. "I didn't know-" I don't listen to another word she says and instead turn on my heel heading up the stairs and into the room where Skylar last was.

   "Adam!" John shouts after me and I snap.

   "Leave!" I shout back. "Leave and don't come back here!" I slam the door and rip my suit jacket off of me throwing it to the ground. The tie around my neck seems to get tighter so I pull it off. I throw what I can and punch what I shouldn't. "She was the only one that could make me feel this way." I whimper.