(34)

"Although you might not believe me, I can see the dead spirits. Or at least the almost dead spirits." She moved her hand over to Skylar's body and pulled the covers from her chest. "It is both a gift and a curse and only my love knew of it." She moved her right hand back into her cloak pulling out a small bottle.

   The clear glass left little to the imagination as the contents of the bottle seemed to be the galaxy itself. Sprinkles of white scattered to look like stars in the purple, blue and black substance that floated around the bottle. She leaned over the dead body and opened the girl's mouth.

   "What are you doing?" Adam asked watching this mysterious woman open the cork of the bottle.

   "What do you think I'm doing?" She asked glancing at the boy as he stared at his love. "Don't worry, I'm not hurting her. I can't, she's dead. But this will hurt you, only for a little bit but it will be painful." She warned him.

   "If it means I can see her one more time, then I'm willing to suffer a thousand years worth of pain." Adam breathes out getting on his knees in front of the bed. "I just want to see her one more time." Adam pleaded.

   "I want to see you too Adam." Skylar said in a ghostly whisper floating above her lover.

   "She wants to see you too." The figure smiles lovingly before pouring a few drops of the bottle into the girl's mouth. "I'm sorry for the pain." She says closing the girl's mouth.

   Adam begins to feel as though he were shot, his body burning a hundred times hotter. He felt like he was on fire but there was no damage done to his body as he thrashed and jerked his torso around on the floor. 

   It hurt for him to breath and it felt like he couldn't at times. Gasping for air he scratched at the floor and pleaded for his love with little breath he had left. His eyes feeling like they might pop out of his head at any second. His mouth dry like sandpaper as he struggled to speak.

   He could make no noise as he tried to scream. He wanted to cry but no tears came. He tried to push the pain to the back of his head and focus on something else. Like the rain outside but the pain never subsided.

   It stayed and didn't feel like it was going away. This seemed to be going on forever as he struggled to get his bearing on the floor. But as the quick as the pain had come, it was gone.

   In that short amount of time Skylar's body was filled with color as her spirit was sucked in through her mouth and her heart began pumping again. The rush of hot blood coursed through her body sending a warm feeling throughout her senses.

   Slowly, she regained feeling, until she was able to open her eyes and sit up straight on the bed. She looked over her hands as color came back to them. Light filling her newly brightened violet eyes.

   She wiggled her toes with slight delight as the warmth reached her once cold feet. Her breathing even felt a bit unnatural since she couldn't breath as a wisp of air.

   Adam regained his breath and hobbled up to his knees fluttering his eyes as he saw Skylar sitting there with tears in her own staring at him. Her astonishing purple eyes were glittering like gold as she looked at him and he felt frozen.

   He couldn't believe that she as there, sitting in front of him. Like she never left him, although her shirt was bloody and she had stains along her neck. She looked perfectly healthy. And he couldn't move, he felt like he saw her for the first time again.

   Luckily his body moved on it's own and he tackled his love to the bed wrapping his arms around her tight enough to make sure he couldn't let go, but soft enough so that he didn't hurt her.