(9)

When I wake up in the morning, it isn't pleasant. The door burst open to the room and Adam shoots straight up hearing it bang open. I sit up as well but hide behind Adam.

   "My prince, the witch is missing and she is badly wounded." Alex shouts barging into the room. "Lanie is going crazy we have to-" His eyes land on me and I just sit there frozen as Jaime, John, and Lanie walk into the room after him.

   "Storm, what are you doing in here?" Lanie ask walking closer to the bed.

   "Nothing." I quickly jump up and grab my bag. "I'm leaving anyway." I walk past everyone as their stunned standing frozen in place.

   "Wait!" Adam shouts after me, but I run down the hall not stopping for anything or anyone. "Skylar wait!" Adam follows me down the halls but I dodge him at every point and run out of the door.

   "Leave me alone, I kept my promise!" I shout biting my tongue to keep the tears from flowing out of my desperate eyes.

   "Adam what are you doing?!" Lanie shouts following after us just as I reach the closed gates of the mansion. "Don't hurt her!" Lanie shouts.

   I jump over them scratching the bottom of my leg but don't mind it and instead continue to run even when I can feel Adam's scent growing stronger as he must have jumped over the gate as well. I run around the village trying to make the prince lose my scent but it's harder than it seems. So I reach into my bag and pull out a small smoke bomb throwing it on the ground in front of me, completely, but temporarily, destroying the senses of anyone who got a whiff.

   In fact that particular smoke bomb was designed just for werewolves, something to keep them off my track in case anything happened.

   I hold my breath and keep running into the forest where I reach the edge of the Lequah territory. I don't hesitate to keep running and instead of running any farther I climb a tree before anyone else can see me.

 *Adam's P.O.V*

    After the cloud of black and white smoke attacked me I couldn't see anything until it cleared away from me, and my nose was now completely useless. But I don't stop running after her, instead I run faster heading into the woods towards the edge of my territory.

   "Adam what in the bloody hell are you doing?!" Alex shouts grabbing my shoulder when I stop in a small clearing. "Why are you running after some girl you banged?" Alex asked me.

   "I didn't bang her Alex. I found her trying to escape the mansion last night and asked her to stay until the morning, but I didn't think she would actually leave in the morning." I reply catching my breath.

   "I should warn you, she's not one to be tied down by anything." Lanie walks over to me a bit winded. "I've known Storm since we were kids, that's when we first met, and she will never belong to someone, and she is literal. You should have told her to stay until next week, because now she's out there with a bleeding arm and a scattered brain." Lanie places her hands on her hips and looks around the clearing.

   "Who's Storm? She told me her name was Skylar Woods." I look around before finally landing my eyes back on Lanie.

   "That's what everyone in her pack calls her, because she's just like a storm, you never know how bad she can get. That's why she's an Omega. You know, a werewolf that has chosen to be alone, she left her pack the other day and no one can find her." Lanie looks sadder than I do at the fact that Skylar is gone.