(14)

"So, how are we going about this?" Katelyn chirps.

   "We can always just kick them out." Peyton says with a smile.

   "No, we have hid from the long enough." I speak up pulling on my black cloak. "We have to face them one of these day, maybe that day is today. We'll see how I react when we get there." I shrug and fold my hands in front of me.

   When we reach the East gate I see Lanie and Alex standing there alone. "Naomi check the perimeter, Peyton get eyes on these guys from above. Katelyn give me everything that they have on them that could cause harm to me or anyone else, Nichole and Travis stick by me." I watch as everyone does their job and I wait until they are all in position to move.

   Lanie looks around the area for a third time before her eyes land in our direction. She gets too excited and starts to run towards me but stops short when Peyton shoots a warning shot at her feet. Her face goes pale before she looks up at me.

   "Sky?" Her voice cracks and she stays put not moving, frozen in fear.

   "You will address her as her majesty or Princess." Travis steps up and stands a foot in front of me with Katelyn beside me and Nichole standing at Travis's side. "You have had an audience with her so leave now and never return." Travis crosses his arms over his chest no doubt holding onto the knives hidden under his suit.

   "We need to speak with her, not just be able to see her." Alex stands beside his zing and they both look in my direction.

   I pull the hood off of my head and look at them as if waiting for them to say something. "You have my attention but not a step closer." I keep my voice cold as they take a look at each other.

   Naomi appears beside me before either of them are able to speak.

   "There are four other werewolves in the forest edge waiting behind those trees. Two are up in the tree near the midsection. . . they moved just now down a couple branches, and the other two are at the foot of the tree." Naomi reports.

   "Lanie has three items on her, a bottle of pepper spray, a black box containing her engagement ring, and a black handled paring. Alex has nothing of value on him besides his phone, wallet and car keys that lead to the same limo we used when we went to Lequah three months ago." Katelyn pushes her tech glasses up and looks at Naomi.

   "The limo is parked less than a mile from here where two people are waiting inside. I believe that they are the princess and the prince." Naomi reports with a proud smile.

   "How the fuck did you know all that?" Alex looks genuinely astonished.

   "They are my best friends aren't they?" I question with a terrifying smile. "Now, what is it you came all this way to complain about?" I keep my voice cold and try not to give out too much of my emotions.

   "If you're going to act all high and mighty-" Alex gets pissed and starts stomping his way over to me but Peyton shoots three bullets around him. "What is that guy doing?!" Alex looks around but can't find the 'he' anywhere.

    "First of all, it's a she. And she is the sniper I have trained on all six of you. The four behind you and even you two. I'm not taking any risk." I watch as Lanie grows angry. "Stop pouting and act mature Lanie. Now you have five minutes to tell me what you came here for, before I have you banished from my territory for good." I start to get annoyed now that the sun is nearing the edge of the trees.

   "It's about Adam." Alex says catching my attention and pissing me off.

   "Look, if that's all you came here for then you can leave." I turn on my heel facing away from them. "He made his choice three months ago, and for that reason I have closed the gates. Just be happy I haven't waged a war on your people." I begin to walk away before feeling a weird presence.