(13)

It's been almost three months since Skylar left me. I have been busy with my duties as the heir to the throne so I haven't had enough time to really think about her leaving, but even so I miss her.

   I miss her smile, even if I only saw it once. I miss her touch, even though I didn't hold her long, and now I couldn't hold her at all.

   Maybe she never wanted me to begin with.

   I wouldn't be surprised though, she hasn't been back in over a month, in fact I haven't even been able to go back to her pack house.

   No one in my pack has been able to get in contact with them, Lanie even tried to head over there personally and was denied access beyond the border. Now I have no way of finding her, she's gone.

*Skylar's P.O.V*

   It's been about three months since I've seen Adam, and frankly I'm kind of sad about it. Ever since the pack was attacked I had helped them and they found out I was there. I stepped up and have been at the pack house ever since.

   I decided to stay and run the pack like I should have been doing. But until I turn eighteen, I can't have any real authority over anyone, not even the she-devil who has not stopped her constant teasing and threatening.

   I've been staying in the mansion and have been slowly cleaning the place up while Tracey, Alice and the boys stay with Dad. They tried to make me stay with them but I refused, I don't want them to see how I'm really doing.

   The entire pack thinks that I'm doing just fine with ruling the entire territory all by myself, in fact none of them know that I had found my mate three months ago. They just think I saved the prince got my payment and was kidnapped by Rogues.

   Dad said that it was better than them knowing I ran away to stay away from them. So I've been lying to them for three months.

   I've been alone for three months. Never leaving the mansion and not letting anyone in or out of the territory. We're safe like this, away from everyone else.

   Away from him, no one else is getting hurt. No one else is going to experience the feeling of betrayal from the Lequah pack. I don't want to feel betrayed again. At least not by him.

   "Princess?" Travis knocks on my bedroom door. "Are you okay?" Travis pokes his head inside of the room and I quickly wipe away the line of tears on my cheeks.

  "I'm fine. What do you need Travis?" I turn all of my attention towards him.

   "We have a young couple asking if you could be at their wedding, since you are the acting Luna they want you to be there and bless their wedding." Travis explains.

  "When is the wedding?" I asked with a smile.

  "Later on tonight. They say they want it to be under the stars and they want you to be the Luna of their wedding." Travis rolls his eyes and smirks at my awkward expression. "I know it's cheesy but they want you to be there." He explains.

   "Okay." I shrug and stand up from the desk I was working at. "I can stop by the store then make my way over there, inform them of my arrival and I will be there to bless their wedding." I force my smile and try not to cry as Travis nods and walks out of the room.

   I head back to my desk and continue to ponder my beating thoughts.

   Being a Luna is harder than people put it up to be. Anytime I want to be alone people think that's the best time to bother me. But I can't let them know that it bothers me, I'm supposed to be there for them.