(7)

"So how is everything here? After the Rogue attack you guys must have been busy." Tracey starts up a conversation once we enter the place.

   "Yeah, but thanks to you guys we had enough help to fend them off and send them running. Our soon to be Alpha, the one you saved, he helped us a lot once we got the word out he was fully recovered. He didn't even have to fight because he was such a threat to the Rogues they backed off. That's why we have reason to believe one of them tried to poison him." Alex says leading us up the stairs.

   "Yikes, that must be hard. Having to worry about being poisoned must be tough, then having to deal with you all day, that poor soul." I say sarcastically.

   "Very funny but, the prince isn't that worried about poisoning, he should be but he isn't because he has a really great immune system. When he was younger he drank poison on purpose to gain some kind of immune system to it." Alex tells us with a smirk.

   "This guy is dedicated." Tracey mumbles with a laugh.

   "Tell me about it." I join her in laughing and we continue to talk about nonsense until we reach the library. "Thank you Alex, for that wonderful tale of how you got to be best friends with the prince." I say sarcastically.

   "Hey it's a true story and one day everyone will know my name, I'll tell you that much." Alex says with a laugh as he opens the large door. "Your stuff should be by the cauldron and I'll get the legendary spell book you asked for." Alex walks off in another direction as Tracey and I head to the back where the morning dew has completely removed the potion but still sits in the cauldron.

   I grab my coin purse out of my bra and dig my hand inside grabbing a large glass potion bottle. I take the bottle and dip it slightly into the liquid taking almost half the container into the bottle draining everything in the cauldron. I put the bottle away in my coin purse after putting a cork in it. Glancing down I spot my leather backed spell book and put that in the coin purse as well turning around to see Tracey gazing out of the window to a beautiful garden.

   "Lovely isn't it?" Alex asked behind us. In his hands a book thick enough to be a dictionary is wrapped twice around with a type of bandage and strange writing is scribbled on the cover. "The princess and the youngest prince take care of that garden. They tend to it every day around this time." Alex says with a smile.

   "You really seem to like this prince." I joke and he laughs a little. "Are you in love?" I tease and he just throws his head back laughing.

   "Not one bit, I've already found my mate, and she's beautiful for your information." Alex informs me and I smile.

   "That's good, you keep her like that. Most women wouldn't get a man like you in any lifetime." Tracey says keeping her eyes glued to the garden.

   "You mean charming and lovable?" Alex smirks.

   "No, we mean honest and loyal." I reply crossing my arms over my chest. "Anyway, is that the book?" I ask looking down at the spell book in his hands.

   "Yep, it's the legendary spell book. And now it is yours, rightfully." Alex hands me the book and I can't help but squeal with excitement. "Such a fan-girl." Alex teases.

   "You would squeal too if this could help you find something you lost." I say daydreaming as I stare at the front cover of the book. "This thing is able to tell you anything and everything about magic." I sigh at the thought.

   "Hey, look it's the princess." Tracey says staring out at the garden. I look over her shoulder and see Madeline roaming the garden with a large watering can in her hands. "Who's that with her?" Tracey ask looking back at Alex who peeks over our shoulders to see who it is.