7

While Ariana was rehearsing for the 2018 VMAs, Selena was vacationing with her friends and soaking up the sun.

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

Ariana was running on the treadmill when she came up with the concept of re-creating da Vinci's "The Last Supper" painting for her VMA performance of GIAW.

She was watching all the female dancers pratice again and again as her phone went off. It was a text from Pete that read: "I'm so sorry, babe. Can we talk about all of this when you get home?"

Ariana's mind was all over the place as she tried to think of what Pete was referencing, "What's going on??? I've been rehearsing all day??"

She logged onto twitter first and was shocked to find her timeline and notifications blowing up even more than usual especially because nothing exciting was going on. She was shocked when Twitter Moments revealed a TMZ article that had come out a few hours earlier: "Pete Davidson Called Out For 'Disgusting' Joke About Ariana Grande Concert Bombing in Manchester"

Ariana's mouth was open in shock as she left the room where GIAW was blasting and clicked on the article link to read it: "Ariana Grande's fiancè offended a Manchester bombing survivor and victim's mother with this insensitive joke." Her stomach was in knots as she read the rest of the article that continued to gain a lot of attention. She closed the app and turned off her phone... not bothering to read his response.

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

Pete was in the kitchen waiting for Ariana as soon as she got home. She was clearly pissed off and all the paps outside questioning the situation didn't make it any better. She was exhausted from rehearsing all day and didn't give Pete a second glance as she walked passed the kitchen and down the hall to their bedroom. As expected, he got up and followed behind her... waiting for her to speak up first.

She went into the bathroom and grabbed a makeup remover and started wiping away her makeup. Pete bit his lip, "Are you okay, Ari? I fucked up, I know."

Ariana sighed as she threw the makeup wipe into the bin and rinsed off her bare face, "I'm fucking exhausted and going to bed."

She kicked off her shoes and pants. She left her shirt and underwear on as she fixed the blankets to her liking. Pete wanted to say something, but didn't want to agravate her more than she already was.

"Here," Ariana said as she pulled a blanket and pillow off of the bed, "Goodnight."

"What?" Pete stared at her, confused, "We're not gonna talk? Baby, I-"

"Stop," Ariana interrupted him, "I'm tired. I'm going to sleep. Mister comedian can ride the couch tonight."

Pete rolled his eyes and knew there was no point in arguing with her. It would just make things worse. Once he left the room, and Ariana laid in the pitch black, she finally let herself cry. This was just one more thing that they had against them. And she knew all eyes were on her.

Her fans were waiting.

The world was waiting.

God... what the hell was she gonna do?

[a/n: selena looked good as hell this day.]

]