A New Bond

PART ONE OF THIS IS ON @PassionWriterHJH's BOOK SO GO READ THAT FIRST ALL RIGHT??? ALSO BRING A TISSUE BOX WHEN YOU GO READ IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Third Person P.O.V:

Astrid sighed dejectedly as she gazed solemnly at a drawing of Stormfly that Hiccup had made. A single tear ran down her face. A knock on the door broke her out of her thoughts, and she turned around to see Hiccup standing at the door.

"Can I come in M'lady? He asked softly. Astrid nodded, unable to form words. Hiccup strode across the room and wrapped her in a hug.

"I miss her," Astrid mumbled against his shoulder, and her voice cracked. Hiccup rubbed soothing circles onto her back as she sobbed into his shoulder.

"I know you do, M'lady. I do too," He murmured against her hair, where he pressed a soft kiss.

Astrid pulled away and wiped at her tears. Hiccup gently removed her hand and dried her tears with his thumbs. Then, he leaned down and kissed her forehead.

"Hiccup?" her voice cracked as she spoke.

'Yes Astrid?" he asked softly.

"Can we exploring today? With Toothless?" At the mention of his name, the adorable black dragon's head shot up and he crooned.

"Of course M'lady," Hiccup's eyes were full of love as he leaned down and pressed a tender kiss to her lips.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Soon, they were soaring through the sky on the back of Toothless. Astrid had her arms wrapped around Hiccup's waist, her face buried in his shoulder.

Hiccup held one of her hands in his, and he rubbed circles onto the back of her hand. Soon, he spotted a remote island, one they had not been to before.

"What do you say we head down there?" Hiccup twisted back to ask Astrid, and she nodded. Hiccup gave her a lingering kiss before turning back to face the front.

"Down there bud," He rubbed Toothless's head and they streaked down toward the island.

They landed with a soft crunch and slipped of Toothless. Hiccup grasped Astrid's hand in his, and she smiled at him.

Together, they walked through the foliage, Toothless prancing along beside them. Soon, they came across a field. A white...something lay in the center.

"What the...?" Astrid squinted as the thing raised its head, and it soon became obvious what it was.

"Oh my gods. He's not the only one!" Hiccup gasped as Toothless slunk to the center. The white dragon and Toothless circled each other as Hiccup and Astrid crept forward.

"She's a light fury!" Amazement was evident in Astrid's voice, and the light fury's head whipped around at the sound of her voice.

The dragon crept forward and sniffed at Astrid's hand.

"What...?" Astrid smiled as the dragon nudged her hand, the first time she'd smiled since Stormfly had died.

The light fury crooned and circled around Astrid. Hiccup watched happily as his lady giggled.

"It seems she likes you," He mused as he walked up to Astrid.

"I guess she does. She's adorable!" Astrid cooed as the dragon rolled onto her back and smiled.

"Do you want to name her?" Hiccup asked as Toothless jumped under his hand. Hiccup laughed and wrestled with the night fury as Astrid thought it over.

"How about...Starlight?" Two sets of blue eyes lit up and Astrid giggled. Hiccup stared at her dreamily as she played with Stardust. He was broken from is thoughts as Toothless licked him.

"Ah Toothless! You know that doesn't wash out!" Hiccup spluttered, and Astrid giggled. Suddenly, an idea struck him. Smirking, he flung the spit at Astrid.

"Ew!" She wiped her face and glared at Hiccup. He and Toothless laughed, and Astrid and Starlight glanced at each other. They sprang at the two boys, tackling them to the ground.

"AH ASTRID!" Hiccup laughed and kissed her. Astrid smiled against her lips.

They spent the rest of the day stealing kisses as they watched the two dragons frolic around in the grass.

Hiccup pressed a kiss to Astrid' temple, "I love you, Astrid."

"I love you too, Hiccup."

Done yay! ALSO PREPARE FOR ANGST IN THE NEXT ONE SHOT!!!!!!

Keep being awesome and keep shipping Hiccstrid!