Taking It For You

YELLO! New one shot! Finally!

Also bring a tissue box.

You might need it.

Third Person P.O.V:

Hiccup gulped as Toothless turned his head towards him.

"Uhh.. what did he just tell you?" Hiccup asked nervously. Astrid's eyes widened as she realized what was happening. Before anyone else could move, she dashed towards Hiccup.

"ASREID NO!" Stoick yelled and chased after her, but she was too far ahead.

"Toothless! Come on," Hiccup pleaded, holding his hand out as Toothless slunk towards him, "What's the matter with you?"

Hiccup glanced up to see Drago's Bewilderbeast, "No no no come on, what are you doing? Knock it off. Stop! Snap out of it!"

Toothless growled, and Astrid threw her ax at a set of ropes. A wooden plank crashed down, and she sprinted over it.

"Toothless, no!" Hiccup backs into the ice as Drago smirks, "Toothless!"

Toothless was about to fire on Hiccup when Astrid yelled, "Hiccup!"

"Astrid no!" Hiccup yelled as she jumped in front of him, skidding to a stop. For a split second, Astrid locked eyes with Toothless. Then, with a mighty roar, he fired, and Astrid crumpled to the ground.

"Astrid!" Hiccup sunk to the ground and cradled her broken body in his arms. He shook her frantically, and Stoick halted in front of him.

"Come on Astra, you have to wake up. Come on Astrid, please! You need to wake up!" Hiccup's voice was desperate, and tears welled up in Stoick's eyes.

"Son..." he placed a hand on Hiccup's shoulder, but he shrugged it off. Valka and the gang came to a stop beside Stoick.

"Come on M'lady. Wake up! We have a war to fight! Come on!" Hiccup pleaded, but she didn't respond. Snotlout collapsed into Ruffnut's arms, and she sniffed. Toothless, sensing that his rider needed some time alone, crept off. Drago grabbed him and took control of him.

"Hiccup...she's gone, " Valka's voice was soft as she reached for her son.

"No! No, she can't be! She's just asleep! Come on Astrid, wake up!" Tears welled up in his eyes, and the gang sobbed, "Please!"

He leaned down and pressed his ear to her chest, praying to hear a heartbeat, even just a faint one. But her heard nothing. Hiccup sobbed as the realization dawned on him.

"No. No no no no this can't be happening. ASTRID! WAKE UP! Please!" His breath came gasps as everyone hugged him tightly.

He sobbed into Astrid's shoulder, rocking her body back and forth.

"Astrid. M'lady. Please, wake up!" She remains quiet.

Heart wrenching sobs wrack Hiccup's body as he screams her name. Stoick, Valka, Snotlout, Ruffnut, Tuffnut, and Fishlegs hug him tightly as he weeps.

After hours of grieving, Hiccup wipes his tears and stands up shakily. He cradled Astrid in his arms as his family led him to the shore.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Astrid's shroud was blue and green, to represent her and Hiccup. He took in a shaky breath as Valka slowly let the ship sail off to sea.

Gobber's voice was solemn as he spoke, "May the Valkyries welcome you and lead you through Odin's great battlefield. May they sing your name with love and fury, so that we might hear it rise from the depths of Valhalla and know that you've taken your rightful place at the table of kings. For a great woman has fallen: A warrior. A lover. A friend. "

Tears dripped down Hiccup's face as he lit and arrow on the burning coals. He pulled back the arrow and let it soar through the air. It landed on the deck of the ship, and the flames spread fast and quick. Everyone else followed suit, and soon, the ship was a blazing dot, sailing towards the horizon.

Hiccup's voice broke as he began to speak, "I'm sorry, Astrid. I'm sorry I wasn't fast enough to save you. I'm sorry I wasn't strong enough to keep you safe. Most of all, I'm sorry I couldn't keep my promise to you."

Everyone sobbed as they watched him pour his heart out.

"There will always be a Hiccup and Astris. Always. I love you."

With that, Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III sunk to his knees, and cried for the future he would never have.

*sniff* I'm not crying! You are!

Keep being *sob* awesome and keep *sob* shipping Hiccstrid!

*breaks down sobbing*

*wails* WHHHHYYYYY???!!!!!