Flight Suits

IDEA GIVEN BY Ohio9999 !!!!!!!!! As for cover contest, we didn't have enough entries. I can, however, tell you that first place goes to emmagt6 CONGRATULATIONS!! Please go read her stories, and maybe even follow her.

The sound of charcoal scratching on parchment filled Hiccup's hut as Toothless snored in the corner. Every breath out resulted in a puff of air washing over Hiccup, ruffling his messy hair.

Just as Hiccup was finishing up his new and improved flight suit design, he heard a knock at the door. One long knock, two sharp raps, and finally, two long knocks. Hiccup smiled; there was only one person he knew who would knock like that.

He stood up from his chair and made his way down the ladder. He opened the door to reveal his beautiful girlfriend, Astrid Hofferson.

"Hey Babe." She pecked his cheek, and a smile danced across Hiccup's lips.

"You missed, M'lady." Hiccup waggled his eyebrows, causing Astrid to giggle. He leaned down and pressed his lips to hers, wrapping an arm around her waist and pulling her ever closer. Their eyes fluttered closed as they were lost in bliss.

They pulled apart, blush dusting their cheeks as their foreheads rested against each other's.

"So, What did you need?" Hiccup inquired as they climbed up the loft ladder.

"Well..." Astrid bit her lip nervously, "I was wondering if you could try making me a flight suit like yours."

Hiccup's face flushed, his heart beating rapidly in his chest. "Of course I will, M'lady."

A wide grin spread across her face as she pulled him into a tight embrace. Hiccup's arms slipped around her waist as he returned the hug.

"Thank you," she mumbled against his chest.

"I love you." He kisses the top of her head.

Astrid grinned. "I love you too."

Soon, they were standing in front of the fire. Astrid's arms were spread out as Hiccup took the appropriate measurements to create her flight suit. The two of them were blushing furiously, despite them dating. He trailed the tape measure from his wrist to her hip, before noting down that measurement and moving the tape to encircle her waist. After about an hour of this, Hiccup had all the measurements he needed, along with a face as red as a tomato.

"Alright, I'll get to work right away." Hiccup stood up and kissed her forehead, causing her to blush.

"Is there any way I can help?" She offered, and Hiccup mulled over this.

"Could you just...keep me company? Sometimes when Toothless is asleep, it gets a little lonely..." Hiccup trailed off, scratching the back of his neck nervously.

Astrid giggled at this and pecked his lips. "I would love to."

They spent the rest of the night designing the two flight suits, one for Hiccup and one for Astrid. All the while they were laughing, talking, kissing, until they eventually fell asleep in each other's arms, still sitting at the desk.

When Heather and Fishlegs made their way to Hiccup's hut to wake him for breakfast, they were met with quite the adorable scene.

Done! Yay! Just a warning, this book will have EXTREMELY slow updates. I have a lot to do, and I don't have enough ideas for this book right now. The next couple parts may end up being fanart.

Aside from that, keep being awesome and keep shipping HICCSTRID!!

-Fyre