Caught In The Middle

CHAPTER 1

Shen Yue's POV

"Stars can only shine when there is darkness." I said as I watch the sky in my apartment's balcony with a perfect moon and full of stars.

It's already 4 am yet I don't feel like sleeping. A lot of things has been running in my mind. What happened earlier is just scary as it was but a sudden turn of event just blow my mind away.

I made an effort to forget everything and just try to sleep. And maybe I'll try to handle everything after I take a rest, but I just can't stop thinking about him..

. . . . . . . . . . . .

(Flashback)
10:00 pm

Loud banging music fills up the place with  violet, yellow, red and green lights flashing.

"Yue, loosen up! Come on! Just feel the music and dance the night away!" Jia shouts as she grooves her hips and laugh at the same time.

It's our first time to go clubing and we decided to come here at the famous club here in the city it's called The Club, yet she feels like she already owned the dance floor. I giggled while watching my bestfriend, Jia.

Jia is my one and only bestfriend since I was still a kid. I treated her as my sister since I am an only child.

We got to know each other when they decided to move to Hunan which is where I came from. Jia and her family was originally from Sichuan. When her father got promoted on his job, he had to handle the Hunan branch of the company. That's when they decided to move to Hunan.

We agreed to come and celebrate here at The Club since today is our final day as a college student. And  overmorrow will be our big day! Our graduation day!

"Yeahhh! Let's enjoy this night." I shouted and tears run down my face.

It feels like forever to feel this kind of happiness again. Since we started studying in college, we didn't have time to go out and have fun. Jia and I were so focused on studying that we forgot to enjoy our lives.

"Hey, Yue! Why are you crying? Is there anything wrong? Are you alright? Do you want us to go home?" Jia was shocked seeing my face. Concerned about what happened to me.

"No, Jia, I am perfectly fine. Dont worry, just tears of joy" I said as I wipe my tears and smiled again.

"Its just I am so happy after everything that we went through, finally we're about to graduate! And I cant believe it!" I said and started hugging my bestfriend.

. . . . . . . . . .

Since it was already 1 am and we were a bit tipsy, but I was not as tipsy as Jia was. We decided to go home.

I drove Jia to her apartment to make sure that she's okay although she insisted that she can take care of herself.

When we started studying in college we agreed to have our separate apartment. Because we thought, by that reason we can also interact with other people, make friends, lots of friends, not just each other.

But then we were wrong, up until now we only got each others back.

"Thank you beshy! You're really the best!" She kissed my cheeks and hugs me and I hug her back.

"I wan't you to know that no matter what happens, I love you so much! And please don't ever leave me, okay?" she said.

"What's up with you, Jia?" I laugh and hug her tight, "Of course! Why would I leave you? You drunkard!"