Still Into You

CHAPTER 22

I will never let you fall
I'll stand up with you forever
I'll be there for you through it all
Even if saving you sends me to heaven

Shen Yue's POV

When I saw his smile, my whole world stops for a little while as tears run down my face. And it somehow breaks through my soul.

It's been years since I saw him again and it breaks me knowing that I still feel something for him despite the things that happened

I didn't know what gotten into me when I came here, at the exact place where my heart starts beating for Dylan.

After being able to come back here in Beijing for almost two years and three months, my feet somehow led me back to this place where it all started.

The Great Wall is a little bit crowded already even if it was just a matter of minutes since it opened and the universe somehow conspired against us, letting us see each other again.

I was not expecting to see Dylan here and it saddened me despite seeing him smile for awhile,  those dark brown eyes are telling me the exact opposite thing.

At first I thought I was just seeing the imaginary Dylan again but the more I look I realized it is really him, but a lot more different than the Dylan I knew.

He lost some weight. Hair a little longer, it seems that he hasn't been going to a barber shop. He even has a beard now and those dark circles around his eyes are evidence that he's not well these past few days. But despite all of it he still looks handsome than ever and how I missed him so bad.

I gasped so loud, my eyes widened and my heart skipped a beat the moment Dylan climbed up the wall and was about to jump. I ran towards him and got lucky when I had a grip of his shirt and got the chance to pull him down before he can jump off the wall.

Dylan's eyes were close and then suddenly wince maybe because of the pain he felt the moment his body hit the ground.  I want to scream and scold him for doing that  but instead I said all those things that he told me when we where here.

"You'll find a way to get through all of this. There's so much more to life than what you are feeling right now. Someday you'll look back on all these days and all this pain will be gone forever", I whispered on his ears and kissed his forehead.

I know it was clumsy for me to do that but I just can't help it. I am so pathetic, I know.

I wanted to say more. I wanted to apologized for what happened before.

But it didn't happen when he opened his eyes.

Our eyes met.

I stopped breathing when he looked at me.

I saw the bewildered look on his face.

And I got panicked when he said my name.

"Shen Yue."

I got up and left him lying on the ground.

But when I turned around to look at him again Dylan lost consciousness. And I couldn't just leave him lying on the ground. Instead I ask someone to help me carry him towards my car.

I brought Dylan to a nearby hospital and only left when Caesar and his fiance showed up.

. . . . . . . . . . . . .
( Eclipse Asset Management Building,
Beijing Branch )

It wasn't really my plan to comeback here in Beijing. But when I learned that the Wang Corporation is really on the edge of their bankruptcy I knew I needed to do something to help Dylan.