GHOST OF YOU

CHAPTER 21

Dylan's POV

I train my eyes on the ceiling of my office as if I was busy doing nothing well in fact a lot of paper works have been filing up in my table.

Tick-tock, the time is ticking, I am under a lot of pressure. Pressure to be able to find new investors in our company, pressure because it's almost my wedding day, God knows I don't want it to happen, pressure to find out the truth behind Shen Yue's incident.

But my number one priority right now is about Shen Yue. And still I haven't found out anything suspicious behind her death.

Is it really true that she's dead?

Just few days ago I thought I really saw her but days go by I somehow lost my hope especially I haven't heard anything from Darren.

I almost went  to the cemetery and dig her tomb by myself to be able to really see if it's really her inside of it, but I know that it is illegal and I might go to jail because of that and I don't want to add up anymore problem with my current situation.

One more week to go and I'll be tied up to a marriage that I don't want to pursue. I am already living in hell for not having Yue by my side and to add that marriage is really not a good idea.

A sudden knock came on and my secretary appeared.

"Mr. Wang the investors is already in the conference room waiting for you." Yi Ren notified me upon the arrival of our newest investors.

"Okay, I'll be there in a sec. Thank you Yi Ren", I said to her.

"And Mr. Wang you need to know that-"

"I said I'll be there", she nodded and exited my office.

Our company has been on the rocks lately. A lot of our previous investors have been backing out. That's why we are attracting and inviting new investors to work with us.

There's a lot on my plate lately and I have been mishandling almost everything. My parents are worried that anytime soon I will be demoted as the COO of the company and that my grandfather will not hand it to me if ever I wont be able to solve this problem. That's why they have been prepping my wedding with Zuer because it's one of the option to save the company- merge it together with the Song Corporation. That's the main reason why I am still tied up with Zuer.

I just can't break off the engagement since our company is now at stake and their family might be the only reason that can help us if ever I can't find new investor.

I am sratching my nape and thinking hard about this problems. I guess if this new investor will back out just like the other one I really have no way out but to be married to Zuer.

I jolted from my seat when I suddenly heard a loud ring from my phone. I grabbed it and when I saw it was Darren I answered it right away.

"Hello, Wang Hedi",  Darren said on the other line.

"Darren, what's up? Any news you got?"

I eyed the door once again when I heard another knock and Yi Ren pops in.

"Sir, I just want to tell you that they are already looking for you."

"Okay Yi Ren." I said to her.

"Hello Darren"

"Wang Hedi, I found out that the Shen's-" I cut off Darren immediately not finishing what he was about to say.

"Im sorry bro I need to go. Just talk to you later."

"Buut. . . "

"I'll call you later. Bye Darren", I ended the call and proceeded to the conference room.